GM:S How to implement Ads

sandy234

It's not AdSense, but I've just updated our GM plugin with advertisements as a feature. See here: http://clay.io/docs/gamemaker

GM generates a standard HTML file that you can pretty easily add advertisements to - just put the ad code in index.html. The benefit of our plugin is it's easier to position within the game, and you can show/hide at various points in your game.

If you want to show your own ads, with your own ad provider, you will need to edit the index.html file output by GM.  You will need to add the ads in a separate div to the index.html file, and then use a javascript extension to show and hide ads.  I'm still working on exactly perfecting this method, but it works pretty well.

• 6 years later...
On 5/20/2013 at 10:42 PM, True Valhalla said:

Mobility Engine probably works similar to Clay.IO (haven't tested theirs yet) but you keep 100% revenue instead of sharing with a third party.

I read about your engine...It says it handles screen scaling. I've been trying to get my HTML 5 games to auto adjust to full screen desktop.

It's been months with no success. This object plug in is the closest I've come: LINK from Google Drive...This object plug in scales the screen...but then I lose all

functionality (Ex: Clicking games Start button produces no effect) How well does Mobile Engine handle auto full screen? Is it easy to implement for

people who who rely heavily on Drag and Drop instead of coding? How does it work for implementing ads into games (as mentioned in original post)?