TypeScript Tutorials at adam-holden.com

adamyall

Hey guys,

Over the past few weeks I have been learning more about Phaser and TypeScript and I have started a blog to share what I have learned and post code that I think will help people better use Phaser with TypeScript. I was waiting to post anything about them here until I had a post with actual code in it and a GitHub repo. (Though I saw today a link to one of the posts was on the front page, thanks Rich!)

I use OSX and WebStorm, but you should be able to use the code and examples in pretty much any TypeScript environment. But keep in mind these tutorials use more advanced TypeScript features (AMD modularization etc).

Set Phasers to TypeScript! - Setting up a TypeScript dev environment the hard way (Brackets, Prepros, Terminal), or the easy way (WebStorm)

Big Boy TypeScript: AMD Modularization and Dependency Management – Part 1 - A preface to using AMD modularization, with some "guided reading" to explain the concepts.

Big Boy TypeScript: AMD Modularization and Dependency Management – Part 2 - Has example code from a Git repo. Shows how to organize your project to use AMD Modularization. Introduces you to the three ways you have to import and reference files as well as how to export classes and modules.

More AMD Modularization and Finite State Machines in Phaser - Cleared up some issues with AMD modules from the last blog. Used the TypeState library to show how to easily use Finite State Machines in Phaser! Has example code and a demo!

More to come!

If you haven't ever used TypeScript, I would recommend doing some reading at the TypeScript website before reading these blogs. Afterwards, do some Phaser stuff with TypeScript.

• 2 weeks later...

New blog is up:

More AMD Modularization and Finite State Machines in Phaser - Cleared up some issues with AMD modules from the last blog. Used the TypeState library to show how to easily use Finite State Machines in Phaser! Has example code and a demo!

Shows how to use Finite State Machines for cleaner, extendable, and reusable code for Phaser in TypeScript.

Demo