[Phaser] Water Game

MakingVsPlaying

I used phaser 2.0.3 to make this game for April's theme for onegameamonth.com (#1gam). Extremely simple and sort of clunky, but "finished".

post-7802-0-45075500-1399235728.png

Just drag the rain droplets around. You can protect the flame or extinguish it and there is a button below the game to relight the flame.

The game can be found HERE

With a post about it at:

http://www.makingvsplaying.com/second-1gam/

Yeah, I am not sure what is going on with touch input. I used the built in draggable property and input events and it seems like the touch controls just don't work well. According to someone I know personally that played it on a touch screen the bottom of the circle for the rain drops is the only place that would work with any consistency (and still much more difficult and inconsistent than a mouse pointer). I would probably need to take over the logic and handle it myself to get it working smoother.

Is there anyone out there with more experience using the draggable property and input events that can give some insight? I might be doing something incorrect or I may have incorrectly assumed the operation or intended use of that feature.

• 1 month later...

This seems best for a touch screen of some sort. Using the mouse was difficult. I like your idea. Perhaps the flame can be lower on the screen to give more reaction time? And possible the flame could start across the bottom, and each drop put out a small chunk? Just an idea.

I moved the flame lower, thanks for your suggestion!

Also, the drops are a little bigger (vertically, but the pixels are transparent so you cannot see it) to help with grabbing them, but it is still very difficult. I haven't completely take over the input because I didn't have the time to spend on it yet.