#1 austin

austin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Figured this would be a good place to post this. I'm one of the co-founders of Clay.io, a platform for HTML5 games.

Posted Image

We primarily help with two things for developers:

Distribution

In addition to our own marketplace, we also make it much easier to get your games on many other marketplaces with much less effort. Each marketplace has its own requirements (SSL for Facebook, manifest files for the Windows App Store, Chrome Web Store, Mozilla Marketplace) - all of which Clay.io takes care of for you. We'll even tell you which marketplace is performing best for your games. Documentation can be found here.

High Level Features

Our API makes it easy to implement tedious features of game development, leaving you more time to focus on the game itself. These include:

Each can be done with just a few lines of JavaScript - you can have a look at the sandbox here.

The marketplace and API aren't tied to each other, so you can use the marketplace without using our API, and you can use our API without our marketplace.

We're always looking to improve, so let us know what you would like to see us do! My email is austin@clay.io

• ibshop likes this

#2 city41

city41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • twitter:cityfortyone
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

I'm excited to give you guys a try soon. I like what you guys are doing and your API looks nice and simple.

Currently working on Dragon Plunder -- http://www.mattgreer.org

#3 austin

austin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Good to hear :) Let me know if you have any questions!

By the way, really nice work with Dragon Plunder so far!

#4 remvst

remvst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • twitter:remvst
  • LocationAmiens, France

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

In the past, I said I wasn't interested in any third-party APIs, but I just took a look at yours, and it looks indeed quite simple. I might give it a try in the future ;)

• austin likes this

banner-440x70.png

#5 city41

city41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • twitter:cityfortyone
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Thanks! It's a tiny game but we are digging it so far. 

• austin likes this

Currently working on Dragon Plunder -- http://www.mattgreer.org

#6 hima

hima

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

I can't sign in to Clay.io website. I remembered I made an account long time ago but clicking on sign in doesn't seem to do anything now. Too bad, I really want to try playing with the API :(

#7 austin

austin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Curious, does it work at https://clay.io for you?

#8 Ezelia

Ezelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • twitter:@Ezelia_

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

just discovered your platform, I'm giving it a test I just published a game :)

when I'll hade some more time I'll try to implement some of clay.io features (achevements, leadboard ...etc) :D

Ezelia.com - we make HTML5 games :) |play-germiz.png  |  eureca.io : NodeJS bidirectional RPC Library

#9 @99golems

@99golems

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • twitter:@mrlasertron

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hey austin, any thoughts on integrating clay.io with the kongregate api (item storage, iap, scores...etc)?

-dave

Play my latest HTML5 desktop browser game, The Sword By My Side, now! (for the band The Thermals)

swordbymyside_title.png

http://twitter.com/99golems

http://slouchcou.ch

#10 austin

austin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

Haven't had any requests for that yet - do you mean just having our API post the scores and badges to Kongregate automatically? (we do something similar for Facebook)

Or are you talking about our marketplace?

#11 Tommyttk

Tommyttk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • twitter:@Randall_TP

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

I.ve seen 'clay.io' around last few weeks as I've returned to game development but I hadn't really paid attention to it properly.

From what I've seen now I will definitely be working on a more substantial game to implement with clay.io once i've finished my current smaller projects.

Congratulations on developing what looks like an excellent site for HTML5 devs.

tommyttk.com

Twitter @TommyttkUK

Current Project: Certain Nautical Peril for Gamejolt Contest 9.

#12 austin

austin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Thanks!

#13 remvst

remvst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • twitter:remvst
  • LocationAmiens, France

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Just started using your API for my game for the competition, and I just encountered a problem with this code:

Clay.Player.requireLogin( function(r) {console.log(r);}, true); 

The problem is that the response ("r") is undefined, unlike it is said in your documentation. How can I use this method to force the player into logging in?

Also, I just got a problem installing the API: http://clay.io/api/a...ebook-stream.js doesn't work. I'm using the full API at the moment, but I'd prefer not to make the user download the whole file when I only need leaderboards :(

Anyway, except these minor issues, using the API is really easy and comfortable ;)

EDIT: I would really need the API file to be fixed. Using the whole thing gets me even more trouble :(

banner-440x70.png

#14 austin

austin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Just started using your API for my game for the competition, and I just encountered a problem with this code:

Clay.Player.requireLogin( function(r) {console.log(r);}, true); 

The problem is that the response ("r") is undefined, unlike it is said in your documentation. How can I use this method to force the player into logging in?

Also, I just got a problem installing the API: http://clay.io/api/a...ebook-stream.js doesn't work. I'm using the full API at the moment, but I'd prefer not to make the user download the whole file when I only need leaderboards :(

Anyway, except these minor issues, using the API is really easy and comfortable ;)

EDIT: I would really need the API file to be fixed. Using the whole thing gets me even more trouble :(

For the modular API, the documentation was generating the wrong link - http://clay.io/api/a...ebook-stream.js should be used (and the issue has been fixed)

For requireLogin, I just tested it and it returned:  an object { success: true, error: false } - could you PM me (or email austin@clay.io) where you're having this issue so I can take a closer look?

#15 austin

austin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

New Clay.io Feature: Cross Promotion. See the blog post here, and documentation here.

Screenshots:
a160021eef33596b3d239b184a69ab15305aef0b

a160021eef31b54e2c3e9313d697fdd0fbed78ee

#16 deis

deis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

I have lightly used Clay.io before some simple tests, but I am curious if you support skinning the Clay.io interfaces at all or plan to?

#17 austin

austin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

You can skin it with CSS if you're comfortable with that. We don't have a GUI for skinning it however, and no plans to implement that any time soon.

#18 deis

deis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Awesome, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't against your T&C or anything. I have done a few projects lately that could of used some simple high-score tracking systems in place to really boost replay-ability, but we lacked enough time on the project to devote to it. I will experiment with skinning it a bit to see if we can utilize it in the future updates.

#19 Raiper34

Raiper34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHeavenHell

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hmmm I use crosspromotion... but Should I do some special? Because i only add show promotion windows when click on.... construct 2 

#20 austin

austin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

For Construct 2, use the Clay.io Advertisements Plugin for better support. It will let you customize the bar a bit more. If you're using the older Cross Promotion / Game Suggestions feature in the standard C2 plugin, it will just show the bar at the top of the screen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: html5, api, leaderboards, achievements, distribution, payments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users