Clay.io (Distribution & Tools)

austin

Figured this would be a good place to post this. I'm one of the co-founders of Clay.io, a platform for HTML5 games.

full-logo-dark-250.png

We primarily help with two things for developers:

Distribution

In addition to our own marketplace, we also make it much easier to get your games on many other marketplaces with much less effort. Each marketplace has its own requirements (SSL for Facebook, manifest files for the Windows App Store, Chrome Web Store, Mozilla Marketplace) - all of which Clay.io takes care of for you. We'll even tell you which marketplace is performing best for your games. Documentation can be found here.

High Level Features

Our API makes it easy to implement tedious features of game development, leaving you more time to focus on the game itself. These include:

Each can be done with just a few lines of JavaScript - you can have a look at the sandbox here.

The marketplace and API aren't tied to each other, so you can use the marketplace without using our API, and you can use our API without our marketplace.

We're always looking to improve, so let us know what you would like to see us do! My email is [email protected]

Haven't had any requests for that yet - do you mean just having our API post the scores and badges to Kongregate automatically? (we do something similar for Facebook)

Or are you talking about our marketplace?

I.ve seen 'clay.io' around last few weeks as I've returned to game development but I hadn't really paid attention to it properly.

From what I've seen now I will definitely be working on a more substantial game to implement with clay.io once i've finished my current smaller projects.

Congratulations on developing what looks like an excellent site for HTML5 devs.

Just started using your API for my game for the competition, and I just encountered a problem with this code:

Clay.Player.requireLogin( function(r) {console.log(r);}, true); 

The problem is that the response ("r") is undefined, unlike it is said in your documentation. How can I use this method to force the player into logging in?

Also, I just got a problem installing the API: http://clay.io/api/api-stats-leaderboard-social-twitter-facebook-stream.js doesn't work. I'm using the full API at the moment, but I'd prefer not to make the user download the whole file when I only need leaderboards :(

Anyway, except these minor issues, using the API is really easy and comfortable ;)

EDIT: I would really need the API file to be fixed. Using the whole thing gets me even more trouble :(

Just started using your API for my game for the competition, and I just encountered a problem with this code:

Clay.Player.requireLogin( function(r) {console.log(r);}, true); 

The problem is that the response ("r") is undefined, unlike it is said in your documentation. How can I use this method to force the player into logging in?

Also, I just got a problem installing the API: http://clay.io/api/api-stats-leaderboard-social-twitter-facebook-stream.js doesn't work. I'm using the full API at the moment, but I'd prefer not to make the user download the whole file when I only need leaderboards :(

Anyway, except these minor issues, using the API is really easy and comfortable ;)

EDIT: I would really need the API file to be fixed. Using the whole thing gets me even more trouble :(

For the modular API, the documentation was generating the wrong link - http://clay.io/api/api-leaderboard-stats-twitter-facebook-stream.js should be used (and the issue has been fixed)

For requireLogin, I just tested it and it returned:  an object { success: true, error: false } - could you PM me (or email [email protected]) where you're having this issue so I can take a closer look?

• 6 months later...

Awesome, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't against your T&C or anything. I have done a few projects lately that could of used some simple high-score tracking systems in place to really boost replay-ability, but we lacked enough time on the project to devote to it. I will experiment with skinning it a bit to see if we can utilize it in the future updates.