Babylon Projects

GameMonetize

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Read about Babylon.js the Friday before Thanksgiving.

Spent part of my week vacation re-writting a client widget I'm working on to use it.

You can see the current results here http://chad-autry.gi...d-map-3D/#/demo

You can compare to the original 2D version here http://chad-autry.gi...grid-map/#/demo

Still not quite at feature parity with the original, but after some tweaking it will give me rotation/tilt camera control for much less work than the original would have required. I also have high hopes for some snazzy (relatively at least) particle effects.

Hi everyone,

It's a long time since I've been here, and I finally decided to work again on my small demo.

It's not completely finished (still have to add some buildings and update the ground texture, and maybe fine tune the car behavior...) but here it is:

http://chr.is.free.fr/distraction/

Any feedback is welcome of course.

Hi Lerige, very nice piece of game.

Reminds me when I had to create a complete virtual city (5km squared) for a CNRS driving simulator (for a scientific brain study, the impact of age on the driving and memorizing capabilites).

I like your choice for graphical treatment.

@jerome, you brake until speed near 0, then you click shift to activate Rear speed

Thanks all for the nice comments and ideas.

@DK, davrous: I am very honoured! Please let me complete 2 or 3 buildings and update the ground texture. I should be able to achieve this by next weekend. If it's ok for you, I send you a message as soon as it's done.

My new game is online! 

Please welcome Christmas Runner!

It's an infinite runner type of game, where all patterns are totally random (so this game is very unfair).

You can change lane with arrow keys, jump (and double jump) with space.

All animations have been made with Mixamo, and exported from 3DSMax. The code is available on Github if you need it).

Enjoy! 

ZIppVPq.png

AiPenGM.png

• 4 weeks later...

Sooo. I had some time over christmas and new year and i wanted to learn something new. And as I always wanted to look at some browser game action, I found Babylon.js to be the most exciting framework out there.

Usually when I want learn something new, I try to make a (more or less messy) "project", because just going through tutorials is super boring. And this is the result of my "learning something new project": http://185.82.21.82/game/public/

It is supposed to be a multiplayer First person Shooter. You find a nick name that suites your needs, than you can start shooting at each other. Classic wasd + mouse movement and shooting with the left mouse. When you hit another player, the player looses life and eventually dies. But don't worry, when you die, you can respawn ; ). You  can look at your statistics with "I" and with "CTRL" you can open a console to write something into the chat. Now thats basicly it. There is just one game everybody can join and just this one map. I did not have time to learn how to animate character movement because I have 0 experience with stuff like blender. And now it looks a little wired when other players are moving ... sorry for that. 

The code can be found here: https://github.com/psychic-pinapple/game/tree/master/public

Actually i cant really claim this is "mine" because all of these ideas and also a lot of code is just from tutorials I found here or at the babylon.js website. But I hope you like it anyway ; ) . Also a little feedback about my code and the architecture would be cool. But this is probably not the right place for that. A Code Review thread would be nice I think, because I never know if it is the correct way the way I am coding ... I am not a very experienced software developer :/

ps: if you want to test the game, but nobody is online at the same time (which will most probably be the case) you can open the game in a new bowser window or tab and play against yourself ;).

Here is a little screenshot:

screenshot_game_Example.PNG