Writing an Invoice and a Contract

K1kk0z90

Hi all! :)

I'm going to sell my first non-exclusive license. My client asked me to prepare an invoice and a contract. So I have some questions that I'd like to ask to more experienced devs like you.

1. I found this invoice generator. In the From field, what should I write? Only my name and surname, or also my address, website URL, email address, ...? And for Client field?
  2. I've never written a contract from scratch. Do you have some advices about how to write it? Maybe an example of a "skeleton" of a contract? I have clear in mind the conditions I want to write, but I haven't a clue about how to structure a contract in a professional way.

Thank you very much in advance for your precious help! :)

• 2 months later...

I couldn't find a generic contract. I finally ended up writing it from scratch by myself. I made 2 sections. The first one, called "Parties involved", consists of a table with full name, address, email, website, company of both me and my client, respectively called "Seller" and "Buyer". The second section, called "Terms and conditions", simply lists all the terms and conditions, such as the list of game customizations asked by the Client with their respective agreed price, and all the conditions came to my mind that I thought should be added.

It was the first time I wrote a contract, and it could be written much better, but it was OK and everything went well. :)