Stopping Timer in Phaser

cmoney0927

Basically I'm making a basic racing game where I have the timer start at the beginning of the game, but I can't get it to stop when the racecar collides with the finish line. Any help would be appreciated.

Better instead of a timer to make note of the time difference between when the race started and when it ended, as you can then guarantee your time to be accurate in the case of missed frames etc; something like so:

// Create the visual representation of the timevar timerText = game.add.text(10, 10, '0', { font: "32px Arial", fill: "#ffffff" });// Initialise two variables to hold start and end timevar raceStartTime = 0;var raceEndTime = 0;// Call this function when the race beginsfunction raceStart() {  raceStartTime = game.time.now;}// Call this function when the race endsfunction raceEnd() {  raceEndTime = game.time.now;}function update() {  // Update the current race time only if the race has started but not ended  if (raceStartTime > 0 && raceEndTime === 0) {    // Round the value and divide by 1000 to get whole seconds, and ensure it's a string    timerText.text = (Math.round((game.time.now - raceStartTime) / 1000)).toString(10);  }}

If you want to have more accuracy on the numbers (as you probably do in a racing game) you can change the rounding calculation to this:

timerText.text = Phaser.Math.roundTo((game.time.now - raceStartTime) / 1000), 2);

Which will use Phaser.Math.roundTo to round the value to two decimal places.