[Beta] - 3ds max 2013+ exporter

GameMonetize

Since the update to export it (optimization) 3ds max crash and then closes at the time or I export. export to failed. I check "try to optimize..." so this exports correctly.

Maybe that should be the default check.

My model is just a cube with a material without texture.

Another concern. rotations are not set with any models with export 3ds max (in babylon). The others models (box, sphere, or him, rabbit...) take into account the rotations.

It may be a problem with the engine and not with export it.

scaling and position work.

This means that 3ds max works with Quaternion. Two options here:

- You can use mesh.Rotate to control rotation

- I can try to add an option on the scene on 3ds max to export rotation vectors instead of quaternions. but beware, in this case rotations will not be exactly the same as in 3ds max (quaternion->euler is not working very well in 3ds max)

So I would have to make consistent with manipulator.js mesh.rotate plus mesh.rotation.

I'll do that, it makes me masi make several other changes to my editor, particularly to safeguard the rotations of objects.

Solution 2 might not be a problem on single models, but on scene complet, I guess it might not be correct. Am I wrong?

maybe this solution 2 could be tested by activating properties in the export?

Thanks Deltakosh

I tested the export of a complete models with multi textures, bone and animations.

1) The export was to the end, but 3ds max to hide her little bar at the top :wacko: .
2) I can not change the scale, position, rotation of the model with mesh.scaling, mesh.position and mesh.rotation. pikedMesh does not work either.. :(
3) And I had the little things in red and light gray in the console of exporter, but I do not know if this is normal or not.

But otherwise, everything is exported correctly, bones, animations, textures. My old bug report is resolved concerning mixed multiple textures.

Here is the image of the console to export it:

If you need models, I'd you send by PM some months ago.

Thanks for this great export very useful.

Hello!

1. I do not understand this point:)

2. Could you share the .max and .babylon file and tell me which objects are not controllable?

3.The grey ones indicate the bones. The red errors indicate that some vertices have too many bones influences. Babylon does not support more than 4 bones per vertex

Hi,

Bon bas je vais expliquer en français pour être mieux compris.

1) La petite barre en haut dans 3ds max (avec le petit icone de sauvegarde) disparaît a la fin de l'exportation (suite aux erreurs je pense).

2) le fichier max, je vous l'ai envoyer par MP il y a quelque temps, vous pouvez toujours le télécharger. Le modèle n’est tout simplement pas déplaçable, orientable ou scalable et pickmesh ne fonctionne pas.  (peut être suite aux erreurs en rouge).

3) Je m’étais tromper de modeles quand j'ai convertie en babylon. c'était pas mon fichier d'origine, il provenais d'un import dans Unity, mais cela reste étrange que mon modeles est 1 sommet attacher sur 5 ou 6 os.

j'ai donc essayer avec celui d’origine et il me dit a l'export : la référence d'objet n’est pas définie a une instance d'un objets.

La version  précédente utiliser les os qui avait été convertie d'un biped a des des os et exporter en fbx pour Unity.  Et la c’est  avec le biped que j'ai cette erreur.