[PIXI] sprite.worldTransform[2] => undefined

d13

Thank you for your replies!

I tried sprite.worldTransform.tx and sprite.worldTransform.ty and they're both giving me the same value: 

If the sprite is at in a container at 10,10 and the container is on the stage at 50,50, shouldn't the worldTransform.tx and worldTransform.ty be 60,60?

Or am I misunderstanding these values?

(I'm using Pixi 1.5.3)

In my current project I'm calculating the stage positions of sprites in a container like this:

stageX = sprite.x + sprite.parent.x;

stageY = sprite.y + sprite.parent.y;

But this only works for one nested level. 

Make sure that at least one run of `updateTransform` has gone through the entire scene graph. Remember this matrix is updated each frame render not when you change position/rotation values. That means you have to let a frame or two pass by then check the value.

Thank you, I did not know this!

It works!! :)

... but now that it works, I have a related question :)

Using the `worldTransform` values I sometimes see off-by-one inaccuracies in my collision detection functions.

(Using the parent x and y offsets is fine, and so are local x and y if the sprites are in the same coordinate space.)

Could this have something do with the order of evaluation in `updateTransform`? 

... but now that it works, I have a related question :)

Using the `worldTransform` values I sometimes see off-by-one inaccuracies in my collision detection functions.

(Using the parent x and y offsets is fine, and so are local x and y if the sprites are in the same coordinate space.)

Could this have something do with the order of evaluation in `updateTransform`? 

Off-by-one as in if you add the tree yourself you get a different value than what is in the transform matrix?

Off-by-one as in if you add the tree yourself you get a different value than what is in the transform matrix?

I think I know what's happening.

As you explained, `updateTransform` updates `worldTransform` each frame, not at the instant when a sprite's local x/y position is changed.

That means you can't accurately use `worldTransform.tx` and `worldTransform.tx` for collision detection and reaction because they contain the position values from the previous frame.

I am understanding this correctly?

I think I know what's happening.

As you explained, `updateTransform` updates `worldTransform` each frame, not at the instant when a sprite's local x/y position is changed.

That means you can't accurately use `worldTransform.tx` and `worldTransform.tx` for collision detection and reaction because they contain the position values from the previous frame.

I am understanding this correctly?

That is correct.

Great, now I know how this is all working.

I'll see if I can devise some other way of calculating immediate worldX and worldY co-ordinates that isn't too expensive.

... maybe by peering up through the parent/child hierarchy... I'll test that :)