Space Roll

yortuc

Simple fun, good looking art and addictive. A problem I had while playing on my nexus 10 was the black bars on the sides of the game which does not register input, you could either use exact fit scaling or make the game playable in the standard aspect ratios. The music track could also have been longer.

Ps. I feel like I know the character art from somewhere, have you made it or is it available for free somewhere?

thank you so much for the comments and advices.

i tried exact scale but it stretches sprites, i will consider manual scaling for standard aspect ratios. 

the music track was longer actually and i cut it to reduce the file size. in my experiments file size was not a problem so i may change it with longer version. 

and yes, character and platforms are from free open game art bundle  http://open.commonly.cc/unlocked

Nice site, definitely will save that for later.

Yes stretching is not optimal but it's acceptable when it's just minor. Your game should support aspect ratios from 3/2 to 16/9 and if you use stretching on some of those nobody would mind. As I phaser developer I knew that input doesn't work outside of the canvas itself but majority of your player will probably never guess that.

The current game I'm working on know I use a music track with the length 2:23 and the size it just under 1mb. It's long enough to not get repetitive and I would say that 1mb is an acceptable size.