Nambiar

I've wanted to build an endless runner game forever now. I finally got around to making it and here it is. Its called Red Pants! Run!

You're an 8-pixel red-pants-wearing-adventurer and you need to collect as many gold coins as you can without falling off the trippy ledges.

Just press 'X' to jump. Avoid enemies as they will make you drop almost all your gold!

You can play the game here - http://gamedolph.in/?p=292

post-6320-0-54049800-1405626439.png

I've wanted to build an endless runner game forever now. I finally got around to making it and here it is. Its called Red Pants! Run!

You're an 8-pixel red-pants-wearing-adventurer and you need to collect as many gold coins as you can without falling off the trippy ledges.

Just press 'X' to jump. Avoid enemies as they will make you drop almost all your gold!

You can play the game here - http://gamedolph.in/?p=292

attachicon.gifsc.png

Hey there!

This is such a great game. I absolutely love the retro feel and music- great work. The best part was, I kept wanting to play it...because I kept jumping too soon :)

Thank you Rich! Thank you Jesse! I had fun making it too. I think I am finally getting a feel of doing pixel art since I sucked at it till now. 

Now, to make a mobile version of it. I am having trouble designing the interface -.-.

Damn I love the audio/look/feel of this game. No win scenario got me kinda salty (two small islands consecutively, maybe I just suck) but that made me play it more.

Glad you liked it. :) 

Consecutive small islands mean you have to plan *way* ahead, preventing yourself from overshooting. What I have tried to prevent are unreachable platforms, tell me if you get any of those.

Cool game, but why is Android 4.2-or-up a requirement for installing the app? I have 4.1.1 and can't upgrade.  :huh:

AndI guess the levels are randomly generated, but sometimes (not always) you get a long gap right at the beginning, which is harder to jump over. Maybe tweak the level generator so that the very first obstacles are the easiest, and then get gradually more difficult. Also, is it possible to add powerups, I mean maybe a speedup, or a projectile you hold and then shoot once you jump or someting like that?

Cool game, but why is Android 4.2-or-up a requirement for installing the app? I have 4.1.1 and can't upgrade.  :huh:

AndI guess the levels are randomly generated, but sometimes (not always) you get a long gap right at the beginning, which is harder to jump over. Maybe tweak the level generator so that the very first obstacles are the easiest, and then get gradually more difficult. Also, is it possible to add powerups, I mean maybe a speedup, or a projectile you hold and then shoot once you jump or someting like that?

Android 4.2 and up is me being safe about Cocoon's port. With the 2.1 update, a couple of games just stopped working on older devices. The first jump is selected based on a random selection between 1 unit distance (in the game) and the farthest you can jump. It does tend to catch the new players off gaurd.. i'll try and fix that. Thanks!