The Phaser 3 Wishlist Thread :)

rich

Sprite.animations.playReverse('sit_down') = you'd stand up!

Don't know if this already exists but I can't find any reference to it, much faster than readding the same animations with the frame numbers decending.

Also a more elegant way to chain animations/events, with a series of timers and .onCompletes.

Yeah we've been discussing a proper timeline system, that would allow you to chain together tweens, animations and other kinds of events. The current animation system is too simple, we know that, definitely open to suggestions on ways to build a solid timeline implementation.

I hear the "objects as parameters" request quite often. The issue I have with it is that I don't see any real difference between having to remember magic object properties as to having to remember parameters. You need to know what they are either way, and if you don't know (or don't have them in code in front of you), you need to check the docs regardless.

There are definitely cases where there are too many parameters though.

And ES6 is getting closer and closer, so many features are already usable today in stable Chrome, by early 2015 there will be many many more!

Hello i can understand your need of good arguments. I will try to give you some..

The first who came to my mind is: Refactoring.

Because we usually change many thing in the dev process it is cool to do things like 

1 init_game: ->   2   do_some_stuffs   3     width:      800   4     height:     600   5     renderer:   Phaser.AUTO   6     domID:      'canvas'   7     #antialias: true # comment or delete the line (awosome in vim workflow)   8     something:  'more'   9  10  11 # when there is to many params  12 # you can use an object  13  14 basic_params =  15     width:      800  16     height:     600  17     #  18     #  19     #  20     n_plus:     'n+ val'  21  22 set_obj obj_1, basic_params  23 # and then reuse  24 set_obj obj_2, basic_params  25  26 # and because in game and many softs you share behavours  27  28 hero_params =  29   speed: 50  30   wpn: 'fire'  31  32 bad_params =  33   jump_fast: true  34  35 # set one or more  36 #  37 hero        = set_game_element hero_params  38  39  #redifine on the fly
  40 #  41 ice_tortle = set_game_element bad_params.push wpn: 'ice'  42  43 # or combine  44 #  45 bad_guy     =  set_game_element mix_params(hero_params, bad_params)  46

Params give you lot of flexibility and in my humble opinion

help you to write more robust code.

Sorry if a have bad english.

Anyway i try this framework since few day and i love it !

Code example is in coffeescript.

Hi!

Tile map animation.

Easier way to set tiles to one way jump. Settilecollisionbetween(index, index, face top (optional), right, bottom, left)

A get function for instances of a tile.

And a option to update tile map graph. I couldnt found. When i set a tile's alpha when the game run it wont apply, only work when the player overlap this tile. Sry for bad english.

(I animate tiled map with timed event + replace, it work well for me yet)

• 3 weeks later...

@Dries: you can already add a panner node to the current sounds, I use that in my game for positional audio. I agree however that it would be neater in the core with the option to attach a sound to a sprite and make it move with that inc velocity for doppler effect etc. 

Zoom and rotation possibilities added to Stage class, maybe also offset. (Examples of uses: Zoom in on player when entering a small cave instead of displaying thick walls or black space. Rotate the world back and forth and zoom in and out a bit to simulate that the player is drunk :-). Randomized offset for shake effect without touching bounds or camera.)

A floating-property (or some smarter name) that could be set to true for stuff that shouldn't be affected by zoom or rotation such as HUD.

I guess this might be difficult but as someone pointed out, it is a wish-list :-).

I hear the "objects as parameters" request quite often. The issue I have with it is that I don't see any real difference between having to remember magic object properties as to having to remember parameters. You need to know what they are either way, and if you don't know (or don't have them in code in front of you), you need to check the docs regardless.

There are definitely cases where there are too many parameters though.

And ES6 is getting closer and closer, so many features are already usable today in stable Chrome, by early 2015 there will be many many more!

Yes but if you use object you only have to remember the names, not the order and that make sense than just write some random parameters is hard

@2x support :: Don't know if it was mentioned before

http://www.goodboydigital.com/pixi-js-v2-fastest-2d-webgl-renderer/

PIXI does have some kind of @2x loader for retina display.

so maybe an option for the phaser preload- that if the resolution is high enough (or even pixelratio),
to use a @2x graphics option.

at the moment I use something written by myself, that works fine for iOS and CocoonJS.
But if Phaser implements something of a high-res detection that would be great :)

The ability of the camera to zoom in or zoom out based on game situation. In my case, I'd like the camera to zoom in on a midpoint between the player and the enemy. If the player and enemy sprite are close it would zoom in, and it would zoom out if they are far so they are both in the window at all times.

• rich unpinned this topic