MichaelD

Hello all,

This is my new game Okto. Goal of this game is to avoid collision between the ball and the oktagons, and survive as much as possible.

You can play it here: http://netgfx.com/trunk/games/okto/

Here are some screens also

post-5663-0-24712800-1406473041.png - post-5663-0-14753100-1406473044.png

Fun fact: first I had tried to create this game with KineticJS canvas framework (don't get me wrong it is an amazing framework). But I could not get passed 30fps even on desktop devices, whilst the code was highly optimized. With Phaser all my problems are solved and I'm seeing 50-60 fps at least on newer mobile devices and of-course dekstop.

Thanks for your time!

Cool game, the graphics and sound are great and it plays fine too. :) it's like a variation of that Super Hexagon game

One thing though, the first few games I was trying to move the ball by swiping over it. Maybe it should display a small hint on how to play? For example on the very first game show a "tap here" icon to get the player going.

And also, when the gap is on the left or right you don't actually see it until the last splitsecond, because of the portrait screen layout.. This causes some unfair gameovers imho.

Thanks for the input, yes I will include some picture of how the game is played. Also for the left and right oktagons with gap it occured to me too, but in the end I decided that they were going to be the edge cases that offer that extra difficulty.

One thing that I need help with mostly is to determine if I need to increase the difficulty or leave it as is. Mind that in the final release after 200 points the player would enter a survival mode that will randomize speed and easing of the oktagons and it needs quite the focus to get through.