Pixi.js Now with masking! (webGL and canvas)

Mat Groves

Hi Mr_Cutia,

Seems like the webGL Renderer is having issues with your mask. This is most likely not your fault (especially if its working in ie10). Its on my to do list but webGL masking has a few edge case issues when multiple masks are used at once. Hopefully not a show stopper for you?

Sorry about that :/

Hi Mr_Cutia,

Seems like the webGL Renderer is having issues with your mask. This is most likely not your fault (especially if its working in ie10). Its on my to do list but webGL masking has a few edge case issues when multiple masks are used at once. Hopefully not a show stopper for you?

Sorry about that :/

This is not a stopper to my... I'll use PIXI.CanvasRenderer.
How I'm using Pixi in my company site, it must work to lay people who do not know how updating the vga drive ... sorry for my poor English, may not have expressed myself right.

• 1 year later...

Thats a good point! at the moment masking has no impact on the interactivity of objects it only deals with it in a visual sense. Even if items are masked they are still be clicked on. I will make sure to add this to my todo list though.

Hey guys, I noticed this comment from last year, that masking has no affect on interactive objects.

Well I just tried clicking a masked object using PIXI version 2.0, and the issue still has not been resolved. Was this forgotten, or are we still waiting for someone to address it? Any workarounds available??

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I noticed this comment from last year, that masking has no affect on interactive objects.

Well I just tried clicking a masked object using PIXI version 2.0, and the issue still has not been resolved. Was this forgotten, or are we still waiting for someone to address it? Any workarounds available??

Hi kid_karma, were you able to find a solution or any workaround for this issue. I am also working on a game where I need to mask interactive objects. Thanks.

Hi kid_karma, were you able to find a solution or any workaround for this issue. I am also working on a game where I need to mask interactive objects. Thanks.

I had this issue before, the workaround I used was to simply do a check to see if the part of the interactive object you click on is within the masks bounds.