Shader library

Temechon

Hello all, 

I'm think a lot about shaders at the moment, and I find quite difficult to find shaders easily repoducible in Babylon.

Would you be interesting in a web page referencing  all kind of shaders that can be created with Babylon, with a demo page for each of them ? 

CYOS is not enough if we want to send custom parameters to the shader (delta time, custom textures,...)

Recently, I created a gradient shader and a lava shader that is cool :) A water shader can be cool too, a god rays shader, ...

What do you think about it ?

Cheers :)

Would you be interesting in a web page referencing  all kind of shaders that can be created with Babylon, with a demo page for each of them ?

Yes Temechon! I've only once played with shaders - an electricity/lightning shader which was donated to me in the Unity forum. Looking at the code - did not help me understand anything - it might just as well have been written in Latin. So demos and code explanations for BJS shaders would be very welcome.

cheers, gryff :)

Temechon, here are two versions of the electric shader (6 & 7)

Electric shaders

And below is a screen grab of Electricity 6 in use in Unity. The shader is dynamic - initially the electricity covers the whole sphere then fades out to what you see.

At the top of each shader you will see a section named "Properties" - those are values that show up in the Unity Inspector that you can easily change in the Inspector with sliders and input boxes.

Hope it is useful - await the results.

cheers, gryff :)

post-7026-0-60701900-1406744567.jpg

Hey guys, 

Here is a first version of the library : http://pixelcodr.com/tutos/shaders/shaders.html

If you want to contribute, just send me a mail with the name of your shader and a demo page (with babylon tool Create Your Own Shader or your own website)., and I will add it right away.

@gryff : Sorry dude, but a unity shader is chinese for me :) I cannot do anything with this...  But maybe someone can recreate it with Babylon ?

Cheers ,