To-do list when I finish my first game

totallybueno

Hi there, I have been making games for years, but always working for a company or making exactly what a company wanted in that moment.

Now I just finished my first game, the first one that I want to monetize "by myself". I have been reading a little bit about that but I didn´t find good links (I´m pretty sure they´re there...) and I want to know the steps that I should take in consideration to sell my game.

protect the code? send it to sponsors? list it in portals? Ads or no ads? Blah blah blah.

I would like to find all that information and compile it for all the people that is starting with this like I´m, so every help would be appreciated, links, advices, books... everything :)

Thanks in advance and help me, help us.

* PROTECT/UGLYFY YOUR CODE

* DON´T PUBLISH YOUR GAME IN A PUBLIC PORTAL IF YOU WANT A SPONSOR

Hi Enrique, I have been working many years with flash games, now I'm switching to html5, so I can give you just a couple of humble advices: 

-If you want to get a sponsor It's very important that you don't publish your game in any public portal. The value of your game depends in the fact that is "new". Maybe you can put it on fgl.com  looking for a sponsor. 

- Protecting the code is a good idea. Your hard work deserves to be protected :)

Just my 2 cents.