Stop Romeo Cat! [Phaser]

Riddik

Hello!

Game description:
Romeo-cats try getting to your Lady the Cat. Prevent them from doing it.
Take the ball and release it over the head of Romeo-cat. You need to collect coins for buy and install more balls.
In the second mode, catch the food and feed your Lady Cat. Catch other stuff and throw it at the cats.

Give feedback please!

If you are sponsor and you are interested - contact me az [@] rivasgames.com or use private messanger.

3.jpg 2.jpg

"Stop Romeo Cat!" has received such assessments on FGL:

Review Information:

Intuitiveness: 7 Good

Fun: 7 Good

Graphics: 8 Great

Sound: 7 Good

Quality: 7 Good

Overall: 7.5 Very Good

I know you sent me this game privately to look at, but I didn't have time back then. So I'll offer my comments here now:

1) It's a solid build. Animation is nice, it plays well, performance was fine too.

2) Concept wise, it's a little bit... strange. I wonder if it might be a bit too strange for some sponsors.

3) It takes quite a while to get interesting. You have to earn quite a bit before you can buy more balls, and the larger balls on the later levels are much more fun but take even longer to reach. Very possible the player may have left by that point.

@rich, thank you for feedback!

I wonder if it might be a bit too strange for some sponsors.

It seems that for all the sponsors our game is too strange. I think this game is unlikely to get the money from html5 sponsors. This is our first game, bad start from a business perspective.

Hi Riddik, personally I don't find the game strange at all. Are you trying to auction it or sell non-exclusives at FGL? Auctioning HTML5 is futile at FGL AFAIK, but you can spot a sale or two in the game shop. However it may take months. If you are into exclusives, try contacting exclusive sponsors directly (Spil Games, Softgames are the ones doing HTML5 exclusives that I know). Also if you plan to wrap for mobile, try to stay away from FGL until you do so, as your game may be stolen and wrapped for winphone/android within days after posting there.

I find the game well made and awesome!!!, the idea is original and I liked so much. Just some changes in my option will power it (if you like constructive critics of course  :ph34r: ):

GamePlay:

When the bad cat reaches the top instead of getting in love with the player and remove him one life, ( I don't think must be like that, because you can't present LOVE like something bad...that is weird to see...) will be better if the cat that reach the top just fight with the player and make him lose 1 HP. The other cat can stay there in K.O. state or not .. (stronger cats can wake up passed X time and deal damage again).And then at the end of each level you show a "prince cat" that you must not hit and let it reach the top to get in love with him. (that "prince cat" also will act like an "end level" signal for the player, you can re-force that signal by changing the music to stress the player a little more).

And like Rich said, make the game more easy, add less coins...

Art

The design is so much aggressive, a lot of textures and dark / no saturated colors. That makes the game hard to see. What I mean is when playing the game there is not a clear difference between the background and the game elements. So in my opinion the design must be more soft, better saturated / happy colors, with big sprite borders. A cartoon style design with better animations is a +. (Details make the difference in games).

The texts in the game: for the tutorial, you must use cool backgrounds and a better font style (Fonts styles/and Icons also represent the game art). Use more cool colors and big texts with bold sizes.(when you show a text you are telling something to the player, so add animations ,and play with the size or text letters to say that message).

I think the idea is cool, and you can monetize it. is a good game really, dont let it!!

Hi suntemple,

Are you trying to auction it or sell non-exclusives at FGL?

The game placed up for regular bidding in this time. There have been 15 sponsor views for 8 days. And zero bids. Maybe it's time to place the game in the game shop. Or can do something else at FGL?

Auctioning HTML5 is futile at FGL AFAIK, but you can spot a sale or two in the game shop.

However i submitted the game for HTML5 auctioning 6 days ago and now it waits approving.

try contacting exclusive sponsors directly (Spil Games, Softgames are the ones doing HTML5 exclusives that I know). 

Already tried. All responses was something like that:

We took the time to review the game, and while we think you did a great job on the game it does unfortunately not fit our current strategy.

We are looking forward to your next submission.

I think this is a standard polite failure-template.

Thanks for your help!

@ PXBILL,

Very cool ideas! Thank you very much for your support and constructive critics - it really helps! These ideas are worthy of implementation.)

Hi suntemple,

The game placed up for regular bidding in this time. There have been 15 sponsor views for 8 days. And zero bids. Maybe it's time to place the game in the game shop. Or can do something else at FGL?

I never tried auctioning HTML5 at FGL, but seeing your stats it seems that the number of sponsors for HTML5 is several times less than for flash. I saw similar ratio in game shop yet it did bring a few sales during the course of few months. Try going through sponsor list on this site offering non-exclusives. Google famous HTML5 games to find portals not listed here. Also, some respond after a big delay. After you think you exhausted the non-exclusive pool, you may go for rev share folks, like FGL $200 program, Nuggeta, Tresensa, Boostermedia. Also don't forget it's summer, many people are on vacations, there's less activity in general.

I like your game, but it feels strange that you defend cat in heat... Perhaps if it was a cute little bird and the cats would be trying to eat it :-)

The graphics are great!

(although you could have better success with more standard colorfur graphics, but I personaly like this one better - it also help you to stand out from crowd)