[Phaser] Reflektor

rantt

Hey guys, this is my third game.  Pretty minimalistic you spin around a circle and reflects shots back where they came from.  The challenge is to last at least 60 seconds without missing 10 shots.  Controls are left/right arrows or A,D on keyboard, for mouse/touch controls click to rotate the paddle to face the mouse position.

screenshot.png

You can play it at http://divideby5.com/games/reflektor

The source is available at https://github.com/rantt/reflektor

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Cool game and AFAIK pretty original too  :) but is it possible to add direct touch controls so you can rotate the deflector like moving the mouse cursor. This gives the player a little more control. The rotate left/right control scheme feels a little fidgety to me.

And I think the emeny spawn rate should be separate from wether or not you hit or miss a laser. I mean, it takes longer for a new enemy to appear when you miss a laser than when you successfully deflect it.

Also, when there are 2 enemies they shoot the 2 lasers at exactly the same time, maybe there should be a short pause between them so it's a little easier(?) to deflect. To give the player a fighting chance so to speak.

Thanks for the feedback :)

BdR - I like the idea of using the mouse for rotating, I hadn't thought of that.

There's a couple tricks to this game that aren't apparently obvious, you don't have to line up perfectly to reflect the shot, in fact you can hit the shot from the side and it will still reflect.  This allows you to swipe at a shot and still reflect it.  The other is that you can reflect a shot on both sides of the paddle, the only way you loose a bar/try is if you miss completely.

Made a quick vid to demonstrate:

Original, i like it!! but so hard...(with keyword)

The mouse is a good idea but also you can use that "HUD circle"  like a "touch control" for mobiles. So, you slide your finger following the shape and makes the "shield" moves. mmm?  B)

Hey guys, I made the change to the mouse controls.  You can now click to make the paddle spin to face the mouse pointer, or just hold it down to have the paddle spin with the mouse pointer.  I think it's better than what I had originally, thanks for the advice.