[TechDemo] CrossCode - Throwing energy balls at everything!

Lachsen

header.png

Hi there!

I just recently found this forum, so I thought we should share our game here as well. :D

CrossCode is an Sci-fi Action RPG about throwing energy balls at everything.

We have been working on this game for quite some time now. Currently we can only offer a tech demo that shows basic gameplay mechanics, still lacking RPG aspects / story.

You can play the TechDemo++ here:

botchan++.png

http://cross-code.com

Note: The game is optimized for desktop/laptop with Keyboard/Mouse or Gamepad (Chrome only). The game does NOT run on mobile devices at this point.

Some screenshots

intro3.png

battle5.png

Technology:

This game is based on a highly modified impact.js engine. We still use Canvas2D internally, but did some heavy modifications in the physics and rendering to have this top down view with a simplified 3D collision.

If you are further interested in the game, we have a blog:

http://www.radicalfishgames.com

Here we give regular updates about the games progress and sometimes also some technical post where we talk about how we implemented stuff.

Also, we have a YouTube channel with a couple of videos of more recent features (not release yet):

http://www.youtube.com/user/RadicalFishGames/videos

Also we are present in some social networks and always happy for attention :D

Facebook Twitter

And that's all for now. We hope you like the game! We're happy for any feedback! :D

Bye

Felix 'Lachsen' Klein

Radical Fish Games

I just played through your tech demo and must admit: this is already one of the most advanced HTML5 games out there - in both graphic, sound and gameplay.

I don't know how it will turn out if you add the RPG elements; right now playing the tech demo feels very much alike the great game "Portal" from Valve, without actually stealing any of their concept! The environment and puzzle action alone already gives it a very nice touch and builds up a cool atmosphere.

Really: If you make a game out of this tech demo where you actually just have to puzzle your way through the environment like in Portal, this would be a very cool game.

It also has great potential for a multiplayer mode where every player has a different color, may only turn switches of his own color and need to work together to solve the puzzles.

However you progress from your current state, I will watch your outcome with great interest :)

greetings from Frankfurt,

Chris

Hi there!

Thanks for all the nice feedback. :D

@joannesalfa It took us about one year for the first TechDemo + about 3 month for the TechDemo++. That's a lot of time, yeah. I guess it explains all the polishing and stuff. :P But it's also because we did not simply use impact.js but also modified the engine. A lot.

@Paul-Andre: As this game will be a single player experience, it's hard to apply a free-to-play business model. We'll got for a rather traditional "pay for the full game" model. There will be a free demo, most likely.

Bye

Felix

• 2 weeks later...