1st HTML5 game contest at FightMagicRun starts July 19th!

Evan Burchard

I've finished mine and put it in the showcase. We should all do that so none get over looked. Looking forward to playing everyone's entry.

Does anyone else get really nervous? I was fine earlier. But now I'm  actually too scared to refactor my code, to even LOOK at my code  in case I brake it. Now I'm too scared to play the game in case it stops working!

Music made by my Friend TsN5, i forgott to add him to credits :/ i correct it tomorow.... btw hard? I thought, that it is too easy :-D 

Nice graphic? :-D Thanks, but i am only mega noob, i was graphic antitalent, but i found Inkscape, i watched and rode tutorials and it is very very better :)

Thanks to everyone who participated in "Battle Ocean" and congratulations to the winner...  

shark_run.png

The summary page with the games is here.  And the write up about the games is here.

Everyone did an amazing job.  I will be running another battle this weekend.  I think you guys will like the theme.

Wow!!! I didn't think I could be a winner because True Valhalla polished a game, it looks really nice with simple gameplay. However the judge decided my game for having some gameplay features. I believe the graphic doesn't matter, then Gameplay is the key.

Also we earned more experiences.

@Dream of Sleeping Thanks! We should do better in next comp!

I'm going to do again in next week, too

Thanks FiMaRu and Congrats Everyone!  :D

I'm not sure who I would have picked as a winner. I think Shark Run was a worthy winner for sure. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that so many people are making games with that type of gameplay. Three in this competition alone.

Aquatic was the best looking. However if graphics play too much of a role in who wins True Valhalla would win every week! I like Aquatic also because the gameplay idea of matching fish by dragging the mouse was something I hadn't played before. Maybe would have been better if you were actually dragging a fishing line and when you released it you saw them get pulled to the surface with a fish hook in their mouth. Only the lack of sound stopped it from being a totally polished game.

Gameplay wise the one I found the most intresting was  Aquaindago. Although it was too unfinished to win, but I think that idea has a lot of potential.

Everyone did great considering how much time they had. I'm really proud of my own entry. I know the graphics look kind of shitty but I think they kind of work in a humorous way. And instead of spending months on one game like I did with Cannonball Cup only for no one to really play it, I think I will make more simple games each learning something new about programming.

Well done to those who made the effort to comment on other peoples games. 

This has been fun. Is this going to be every weekend?

I agree with Dream of Sleeping, I personally think that a game that is worth a lot of fun and good mechanical than better graphics, better engines and better sounds, is that all people play well.

You should use creativity that no one played before. Make sure it's NOT another level selection like angry birds, it's really overused and add some "fun" as humour. 

I hope it's going to be every weekend.