Online storage services

mariogarranz

I'm thinking of creating a game where I would need some sort of online storage to save players progress. Local storage is not an option because persistance is very important and I don't want to rely on the player entering the game from the same device every time.

I have seen some games portals offer persistance inside their API's, so I was wondering if you guys know of any good solution for this, or if I should just go and build and host my own database, which is something that I'd rather not spend time and money into, at least for now.

If you are looking for a free solution, let me recommend you clay.io - http://clay.io/docs/data

By the way, your app, which runs at client, should be able to distinguish between clients and load the correct data for that client. So you must have some kind of login with password (your own system, or using OpenID, OAuth etc.)  Clay.io already provides such system.