Proton - Particle engine with Pixi.js support

benny!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I don't like the PIXI Particles, I've tried in my project and just got some minor gripes that really gets into my nerve. For instance, there is no way to fire emitter once. Its very hard to do this and nowhere in the documentation it is written. Like for example, sprite exploding. It is really hard to position the emitter to the place where you want it to be positioned. Its kinda bugged, I guess? I don't know. But it is very counter-intuitive. It is really hard to get into very trivial task.The example won't help either. its very confusing. For instance, it simply can do emitter to fire once. But once I tried it out on my project it isn't working. I am deciphering a heiroglyph just to understand how it works which is technically not part of time estimated for the project. To analyze the tools I am using! This is crazy. Stay away and save yourself tremendous headache.

I suggest to stay away clear from using PIXI.js it would be the greatest regret of your life. I was doing a client work and I was stuck with this minor setbacks but ultimately accumulated overtime to become overall nuisance!

I suggest to stay away clear from using PIXI.js it would be the greatest regret of your life. I was doing a client work and I was stuck with this minor setbacks but ultimately accumulated overtime to become overall nuisance!

Well, I have news for you: all JS projects require you to look into library insides or at least ask maintainers on github. All js projects are bleeding edge. I always built projects from scratch, and now I use pixi or threejs because Im familiar with their code and it saves a lot of time.

I am currently searching for a particle engine for my current game project and just came across Proton:

http://www.a-jie.cn/proton/

It looks fantastic - plus - it supports Pixi.js. At least it features a demo explicitely using the Pixi.js engine.

Thought this might be of some interest for some of you.

Best,

benny!

Hi, is this open source? Is there a repo?

I'm wondering how the collision is done, I'm wondering if this has been done in webGL by anyone.

Yes, and I didnt analyze proton code yet, but I know some projects that use it. I think collisions arent possible before pixi adds support of WebGL2.

Are you talking about occlusion queries?

I was wondering if it's possible to program shaders to do collision detection, I'm only talking about circles. For example, would it be possible for a vertex shader to reference a texture, to which all nodes are mirrored using unique colours, to see if any part of its perimeter have a foreign color and relocate the vertex away from the occlusion and update the global texture.

if this is feasible, any guidance on search terms or literature would be appreciated.

Are you talking about occlusion queries?

I was wondering if it's possible to program shaders to do collision detection, I'm only talking about circles. For example, would it be possible for a vertex shader to reference a texture, to which all nodes are mirrored using unique colours, to see if any part of its perimeter have a foreign color and relocate the vertex away from the occlusion and update the global texture.

if this is feasible, any guidance on search terms or literature would be appreciated.

No, "gl.bindTransformFeedback(gl.TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK, transformFeedback);"

https://github.com/toji/webgl2-particles/