Alexander Krug

[ARTICLE] How to make up to 30,000 USD from a HTML5 game

Ready my thoughts on how to make money from the rising market of HTML5 games on our blog InsideHTML5Games.com:

http://www.insidehtml5games.com/html5-games/blog/how-developerts-can-make-up-to-30000-usd-from-html5-games/

We really need examples of games that SoftGames pay $30K for because I've offered you very good games, and you offered just $5K at the most exclusively (html5 + mobile + all kinds of rights).

Well, clicking on that link was a waste of time.

Maybe write an real article next time. Unless this whole thing refers to the make up to 50k USD link.

But why did you change your article from 50k to 30k? Made up numbers?

We provided the guest post to Gamesbrief. They published it - no idea why they switched numbers.

So where exactly is this number coming from? Because as far as we can see, it's not backed by any source at all.

Who's buying exclusives for $30K? Certainly games like Angry Birds aren't being sold in that manner, and nothing from independent developers is going for that price. Based on the prices Soft Games offers, it's safe to assume you guys aren't paying those prices.

Is this just clickbait?

I think they should use an average value. Because how much games reached to 30K? Maybe Zombies Can't Jump and more one or two games. Its like saying that Google Play or App Store are super profitable because Angri Birds made milions. 

The number is taken from several long term trials we've made with a few selected developers where we paid a fixed fee + revenue share on the InGame Ads. An example is GTC HeatCity.  Very soon we'll release the learnings from those trials for every developer, so that they will have the same chance to make this money as well. Just wait a few more weeks :)

The number is taken from several long term trials we've made with a few selected developers where we paid a fixed fee + revenue share on the InGame Ads. An example is GTC HeatCity.  Very soon we'll release the learnings from those trials for every developer, so that they will have the same chance to make this money as well. Just wait a few more weeks :)

OK, now see this post right there has a ton more information than your article. Still, you didn't make it clear whether GTC HeatCity has made 30K :)

CTC HeatCity made $30k+ for developer, right? 

Please understand that unless you release specific verifiable figures and statistic in a completely transparent way, it's just natural for people to think that you're making this up.

Otherwise, it's just more get-rich-quick spam.

Damn, I wish I sold my game to you guys then :P

Anyway, not trolling at all, I'm very curious about this thread. Looking forward to see Alex's replies ;)

Just like TrueValhalla, I like when numbers are proven and not magically taken out of a hat :)

well its true that we are missing tons of numbers but you also cant say its not true making this revenue at this point.

having some good ad deals, a fair rev share, some promo and millions of play (that softgames can provide for sure) you can make a good amount of money.

but my questions are: if you also give a rev share how much do you pay as a "fixed fee"? do you gave any promo to this trial games? since you have an amount of trials, whats the average number of plays? whats the share ratio on the ingame ads?

sure you testing things out and nothing is made in stone, but even making a third of this would be awesome.

if you cant answer this question now and we have to wait until you publish the details to public, just tell me and im looking forward to a good read :)

its always nice when a sponsor publishes some insights of testing and evolving, thank you Alexander for sharing

Thank you for this article, the overcrowded market part and marketing strategy cost ($500+ / month / game) is what I've experienced so far on google Play.

I hope the second part on HTML5 game market opportunity will be what I will experience next ^^

then you might be interested to buy our next game.. we had deal with you guys before (it's not my game, but my artist on his own).. I met you in Casual Connect Singapore this year after your presenetation. We don't need that much just reasonable amount for higher quality games we could create.. 

I hope we could show you the game soon..

Sure, we'Re always interested in new, high quality content. Just send a mail to games@softgames.com.

I liked the part where you answered the 5 posters above in the thread whether Heat City made $30K.

This is what I dislike about the sponsorship market as a whole (Flash or HTML5) sponsors are free to deny previous claims, or just don't answer at all as all communication is online. But so far it has only happened to me in private messages. This, however, is public and looks for a lack of a better word ... lame.

If the game is good enough, it will be copied whether or not people know it has secretly had a 30k offer. If i read you correctly the author dismissed the 30k offer to go the self publishing road, then the game must be really good and will be copied.