Softgames offers 30K per HTML5 game!

ozdy

"SOFTGAMES pays between $500 to $5000 for a non-exclusive game. Developers can generate ten thousand of dollars with a high quality HTML5 game developed within a few weeks. This is predictable success!"

I wonder what Softgames intentions are by stating such unbelievably high numbers. Popularity? Trying to get even more devs in so prices sink even more?

P.S In their sentence "between" doesn't mean that anyone ever got paid $5K or even that anyone got paid over $500, smart wording :)

Yup, that's the whole purpose of that article. Spend 2 month of your time and earn 30k.

Sounds like a spam mail.

Just a bunch of made up numbers that might or not might be paid and not backed up by any statistics. Clearly missing out to name a few games that actually made that much money with softgames.

"Predictable success", "Gold Rush", "Compared with the many clones and app look a likes native developers are facing, the HTML5 games market offers large beneficial opportunities.". lol what?

Not only are HTML5 games getting copied/cloned all the time, but there is no predictable success at all.

Unless softgames' definition of success is different.

Hey guys,

why the link and title doesnt fit - I cannot explain. It was a guest post by us but published by Gamesbrief.

How to make the 30k is explained: It's a mixture between all oppertunities given to developers: selling excl. + non-excl licenses + self publishing with ingame ads. Check the games on our portal to understand what titles we prefer and for what we pay good money. I guess we had this discussion already ;)

We are asking for statistics or anything else that backs up your 30k claim. Most games on your portal don't even get close to 5k.

Of course you can make 30k by selling licenses, but you can also add an ingame item that costs a million and someone with deep enough pockets and too much freetime might buy that.

Just because it is possible, doesn't mean that it will happen. Can you please provide some proof?

How to make the 30k is explained: It's a mixture between all oppertunities given to developers: selling excl. + non-excl licenses + self publishing with ingame ads.

I'm sure it's perfectly legal to make 30K from a single game by selling both excl and non-excl rights  :D

Still the article said just exclusive - "generate up to $30,000 USD, if sold exclusively:D

Alexander, you're being very vague and dodgy in your statements, so I would like to ask you a YES/NO question:

Has Softgames paid $30K for an exclusive game and $5K for a non-exclusive license among the games on your site?

• 6 months later...