1995 Sega Game Remake, works on mobile too.

eguneys

That is really nicely done! I used to waste hours playing this back in the 90s :)

I found it REALLY hard to start the game though, clicking Play didn't seem to do anything, but after a huge number of random clicks and picking other options in the menu it finally started, and then I got sucked into a half-hour game :)

1. please add a progessbar while loading, oh there is one i had to scroll, maybe place it more centered.

2. when its loaded it does nothing when clicking on play.

3. oh and in the moment i discovered that it starts when pressing space, dont make the user guess how to start the game.

4. help does not start when clicking or pressing space when selected, some instructions would be nice.

Game looks nice.

That is really nicely done! I used to waste hours playing this back in the 90s :)

I found it REALLY hard to start the game though, clicking Play didn't seem to do anything, but after a huge number of random clicks and picking other options in the menu it finally started, and then I got sucked into a half-hour game :)

You mean mobile right, well blame yourself for that!

I coded the touch gestures, recently I asked about it,

Protip:

You have to hold to click.

@oddskill, noted, it's a playable WIP, I hope to improve it over time, feel free to fork it though :)

Since it's a clone, I never thought about puting up a tutorial, thought people would remember from the old times.

Controls:

Swipe/Arrow Keys: move marbles

Tap/Space: shift marbles

The main problem was the progress bar, while the game loading it seems nothing is happening, I pushed the progress bar up so it's visible, I also added a help icon on the left, click for a quick help. 

Note: Unfortunately the server can't cache bust so you need to clear your browser's caches to reload the new version, I will fix that in the future, sorry for that.

@rich, about the desktop still, the game is meant to play with the keyboard, how could you have forgot that!, so even though it works with the mouse it's hard to control. thanks to Phaser.

The play button needs be hold down for a moment before the click happens, but that doesn't feel natural for a desktop user.

Didn't know that space does work too. You should adjust that. I think many people won't figure that out in their own.

@rich, about the desktop still, the game is meant to play with the keyboard, how could you have forgot that!, so even though it works with the mouse it's hard to control. thanks to Phaser.

Right, because no-one else has ever made a game in Phaser that used the mouse  :huh:

If it's meant to be fully keyboard controlled then don't respond to mouse events at all on desktop. Then at least people won't click around and get confused as to why some buttons respond fine and others don't - that's bloody confusing, no matter how you spin it.

• 4 months later...