[Phaser] Nightcast a horror HTML5 + Mobile game

MichaelD

So this is my newest game called Nightcast. The player assumes the role of a traveler that walks (for some reason) alone in a dark forest and is being (naturally) attacked by spirits/ghosts/ or whatever.

The goal here is for the player to defeat all those monsters (that only reside in his mind) before fear runs him over (pun intended).

I hope you enjoy it!

Play Linky: http://netgfx.com/trunk/games/nightcast/

post-5663-0-28375400-1409672577.png  post-5663-0-21342900-1409672602.jpg  post-5663-0-49916200-1409672603.jpg

I forgot to mention that the player can only see wherever his flashlight is showing...  (but lightning is a great ally)

Note: I know the game is not optimized for mobiles but I'm working on it. Right now its is best played via mouse, because the actual finger is blocking the view.

• 2 weeks later...

1st and last bump I promise...

So did anyone tried this? any inputs? I know it lacks music and that helps with the atmosphere, but I was wondering about the gameplay and mechanics did you find them good? difficult? you love/hate it for X reason?

I appreciate all the input I can get. Sorry for bumping...

This is fun, and looking at the popularity of horror games in these days, the timing is also good for such a game idea. One thought, you can make it real easy with fast movement of the flashlight, almost like you can produce a continuous lightning effect. If thats not intended, you could define a maximum movement speed for the light to prevent this.

Ifritgames

I felt the game was very atmospheric! - and pretty - the occasional lightening effect was great ! - nice one !

i didn't hear any sound at all (Firefox web browser on a windows PC)! -

after shooting a spook, sometimes the next one would quickly appear within spotlight view of where i'd just shot the last one, which to me looked like it should maybe have a fadin, rather than appear fully visible so quickly ! (just my little suggestion)