GameMix: Cross-Promotion Network for HTML5 Games

GameMix

Greetings & Salutations, Fellow HTML5'rs!

We are absolutely over the moon about sharing our brand new platform, GameMix, with HTML5 game developers. GameMix is a free cross-promotion network built for discovering HTML5 games and bringing quality users into your own creations. In other words, the traffic you send to other games will bring new, bright-eyed traffic into yours - all automated via a small snippet placed into your HTML.

But don't let me bore you to tears with lifeless text, check out our quick explainer video here : http://vimeo.com/69942138

In helping create better overall visibility for HTML5 games, we're also building some really unique experiences for gamers - including our "Pandora for Games" discovery platform.

So feel free to reach out and let's have a chat. We'll work with you on effectively driving more traffic while maintaining a positive user experience within the game.

More information here: http://gamemix.com/developers/

See you around the forums!

Looks interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing. Will have a closer look when I have time.

@Raiper34 - I would get used to it if I were you. The only reason HTML5 is more than a gimmick is because mobile devices don't run flash.

+1

Hmmm it is only for tablet or mobile versions of game? I hate html5 games for theese devices... 

We're device-agnostic. Although we're all in on mobile/tablet, we've got to get it right on desktop as well. So if your game doesn't translate across the device spectrum just yet, let us know and we'll target for compatible traffic.

A hearty cheers for the love so far! Looking forward to collaborations continued and new.

@joannesalfa - Yes, to Rich's point, games are scaled per the developer's specs. Although we do our best to optimize each game right out of the gate, sometimes it will display awkwardly until we make some collaborative adjustments.

However, it's only going to improve from here! Always feel free to send us a line via help [at] gamemix [dot] com if you're still having issues with the feed.

@99golems - Many thanks for the feedback. The power of community insight!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good, though I've already got a lot of traffic and there's not really an incentive to use this. I feel like I'd just be sending traffic to everyone else in the network without any decent return...with other exchange services I used in the past, that's exactly what happened. What's the appeal to developers who already have a decent chunk of traffic?

Maybe thinking about the players' "comfort" is not a bad idea.

And even if you have a decent traffic, it might happen that you have a game that doesn't get a huge success, and this service could be helping. I might even ask them if I can join the service for that reason (even if I have already taken part in it).

@TV many thanks for the feedback! We're always open to hearing what's on your mind - especially when it comes to feature implementation on our side. Good stuff.

We currently can, indeed, filter desktop-only or mobile-only traffic. Nobody wins if traffic isn't compatible so we aim to manage this as much as possible. We're still tweaking the UI for having this be feature be self-serve whenever you upload a new game. But simply let us know of any restrictions on your game and we'll apply it to the exchange.

@TV many thanks for the feedback! We're always open to hearing what's on your mind - especially when it comes to feature implementation on our side. Good stuff.

We currently can, indeed, filter desktop-only or mobile-only traffic. Nobody wins if traffic isn't compatible so we aim to manage this as much as possible. We're still tweaking the UI for having this be feature be self-serve whenever you upload a new game. But simply let us know of any restrictions on your game and we'll apply it to the exchange.

I can't wait for this to be implemented so that developers can choose the "restrictions" themselves. When this is added I'll be sure to add this to my new game. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just got an email from Andrew about my html5 "games"  but I'd never heard of Gamemix so I though I'd come here and see what people thought of them. Are they generally a good source of traffic? easy to integrate?  I was curious that one of the examples I was given was of rather poor quality so I'm not sure how willing users would be to continue after seeing them. 

As an experiment I put one of my games up with different ad analytics so i could compare its performance versus how the game does by itself.

In the last 7 days it got 69 impressions from gamemix with 6 clicks. All other sources got 3781 impressions and 545 clicks.

Right now I don't think the traffic is where it needs to be for gamemix to be that effective at generating revenue for us. however:

1) it's free to do with limited integration (just a banner to go to the next game)

2) it's a cool idea, they just need to get gamemix in front of more eyeballs.

My opinion is to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will continue growing.