My First Annual HTML5 Income report :) How i made 15000$ making htlml5 games

DmitryD

Hey Guys!

I wanted to share with you my first income report per last year! :)

Please check it out at the link below!

http://diamondgames.org/big-annual-html5-income-report-aug-2013-aug-2014/

I hope somebody will be inspired by this post as I was a year ago, after I saw TV's blog)

Sorry for my bad Engrish :\

Cheers,

Dmitry ;)

Did you make that much money with the blatant copy of tetris attack puzzle mode or the other games which throw javascript errors?

Must have been a pain to maintain that website with your 0 visitors and 4 posts in 12 months.

Wow. Could you say which of my games throw errors? I've created this site for a year ago, and I'm not really a blog-guy, but in this post I've tried to share with my experience to the others.

Why so mad?

Hey, thanks for sharing your income report. But I honestly think you not get to much profit since 3 of your 5 games were sold as exclusive. Still you are being more suscefull than me. Still maybe you are being more suscefull than average HTML5 game developers. Maybe we cannot use TrueVahalha ilusion as a standart because looks like only TV gets rich with HTML5. 

I keep dreaming with more success with it. And i wish more success for you too friend. Keep the good work :)

Did you make that much money with the blatant copy of tetris attack puzzle mode or the other games which throw javascript errors?

Must have been a pain to maintain that website with your 0 visitors and 4 posts in 12 months.

Ouch. Harsh.

Maybe work on your internet etiquette a bit? Constructive criticism would be much more effective than your unproductive bashing. What are you trying to do, actually help, or are you saying this in your defense because you are insecure? If it's the second option, please leave this forum, you will be of no help to the community.

Congratulations with passing your freshman year in this harsh orwellish industry!

It's time to think about moving to Thailand next year  :D

Did you make that much money with the blatant copy of tetris attack puzzle mode?

As much as I don't find making clones appealing myself, HTML5 is not exactly the right place for creativity to blossom, at least not now.

Wow. Could you say which of my games throw errors? I've created this site for a year ago, and I'm not really a blog-guy, but in this post I've tried to share with my experience to the others.

Why so mad?

It wasn't supposed to be a mad comment.

I was just saying that your report and your site doesn't offer anything but common sense advices and a number that can come from anywhere.

Then I checked out your games and 2 of them didn't work, one of them was a clone. 

More like poking you to give out some more informations. Which game did generate how much money, how many licenses did you sell per game, when did you create those games, etc. That would actually be helpful.

Reborned, pubudu, Red Spark, True Valhalla

Thank you for the support guys!

Thanks for sharing! Can you please specify when each of your projects has been sold?

Well, I was launching new project each ~two months since August 2013. Most revenue came from exclusive licenses for "Space Chain" and "Amazing Elements", which I sold this spring. I really like exclusive licensing, however my first game Snake still generates me some money from non-exclusives and ads :) I launched my last game Ice-Cream, Please in July, and went non-exclusive way for it. It's already generated ~3k$ for me since the release date.

wow that's cool ! any advice where to start creating html5 games? i want to learn from 0 , i mean what application(what you may call it) should i use

Hey there! Well if you've just started to make games I coud reccomend you GameMaker, I've created my first game in a week from scratch. However nowadays sponsors don't prefer to buy games made in game constructors.

Hey there! Well if you've just started to make games I coud reccomend you GameMaker, I've created my first game in a week from scratch. However nowadays sponsors don't prefer to buy games made in game constructors.

thanks! i'll try game maker then...btw, what do you mean made in game constructor: is this another gamemake app?

p.s. gamemaker wow 799$

Edited by cosmic

:) well then why did you recommend Gamemaker? if sponsors don't prefer to buy games made in game constructors. so where do to start really.

Well, TV still makes games in GameMaker, I created all of my games in Gamemaker.. It's just the matter of taste in which program you will create your games)

:) well then why did you recommend Gamemaker? if sponsors don't prefer to buy games made in game constructors. so where do to start really.

The vast majority of sponsors don't care if you're using GameMaker or C2, lots of them even have specific plugins to help integrate with their sites if you're using those tools. The only exception I've ever seen is that lots of clients don't like it, i.e. direct freelance / client based work, but even then there are exceptions. Nothing is black and white.