WIP: HTML5 Facebook play for fun slots

Stunt Pixels

Hey guys, I've been getting up super early over the last few months to get a couple of hours in each morning building a Facebook app I'm doing some friends. I'm doing server speed optimisation stuff over the next week or so, and then we might start a little bit of marketing. I think it would currently bork if we got more than 10 people on it at once.... But you guys probably understand that :)

Super brief summary:

I wrote all the code (front and back end) apart from included libraries: jQuery, TweenMax, SoundJS, PreloadJS

Front end is all DOM written in Coffeescript. Back end is Ruby on Rails.

A friend did all the art, we both did animations.

The games are up here.  

I'm also setting up a blog which will mainly be about making HTML5 slots for Facebook, I'm planning on putting a big tutorial together over the next few weeks, but I've just started.

Really appreciate any feedback, issues people have, and particularly insight people have about making the games more social....

Cheers

post-6178-0-81140800-1410492209.jpg

"Really appreciate any feedback, issues people have, and particularly insight people have about making the games more social...."

Well then...

I click on your link (something which in any other given context I certainly wouldn't have done), and I get the facebook login/register page.

I know it's a facebook app, I know.

But it's back button, right away.

I suppose you know what kongregate is, and avoided it for some reason.

But it's a more open platform that doesn't necesserally require to log in to play and they also provide a revenue system for devs, just in case you did not know.

Edit:

I like your blog btw.

Nothing fancy about it, it's just clear, maybe the text blocks are a bit too long, people usually don't read beyond the 5th line.

The html bold tag might help adding some clarity.

Like here for instance:

Capture%20d___e__cran%202014-09-12%20a__

(click to enlarge)

The key parts of the speech are in bold, if you only read those parts you get the whole idea without having to read the entire text.