[WIP][EaselJS] Luminarium: physics-based space puzzler

pixelpathos

Really enjoyable game - the music's a good fit, the SFX choices are top-notch, and I love the wide, clean control scheme. An earlier poster mentioned having a moment's confusion with the tap-and-hold mechanic, and I did as well. Maybe a timer bar or a rewording of the instruction text would clear the way a bit if that was a major concern. It's not a big issue, just a thought  :) Well made - keep it up!

Really enjoyable game - the music's a good fit, the SFX choices are top-notch, and I love the wide, clean control scheme. An earlier poster mentioned having a moment's confusion with the tap-and-hold mechanic, and I did as well. Maybe a timer bar or a rewording of the instruction text would clear the way a bit if that was a major concern. It's not a big issue, just a thought  :) Well made - keep it up!

Thanks for taking time to play Luminarium, and for the kind words and feedback!

I've decided to take the tap-and-hold issue very seriously, and rework the whole thing. From feedback, it seems that, generally, players don't like reading even simple tutorial text, so no matter how I reword the text, players may not notice :). In an ideal world, the player controls need to be visually obvious from within the gameplay itself, so I'm experimenting with a mechanic where the player can just grab the edge of the circle (I have made the edge thicker to make this possible). I'll also add some up/down arrows to make this more obviously. TBH, I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before, particularly as the game I used for inspiration, Auditorium, does this. It's a mechanism that also works across different input methods (unlike e.g. pinch zoom).

Interestingly, feedback elsewhere has suggested that the game's graphics are not cartoon-like enough for a casual game, so whilst I like the semi-photorealistic sci-fi graphics, I'm trying to rework the graphics to be more along the lines of Angry Birds Space or Planet Jumpers. I'll post a screenshot or two once I have something worth presenting. Sounds and music will be staying, as they've been well received - I got something right :).

• 2 weeks later...