Wolfblood: The Mystery of Stoneybridge

rich

post-1-0-70331000-1374242867.jpg

It is with great pleasure I can finally announce that our latest game has gone live. Wolfblood: The Mystery of Stoneybridge is a large multi-part adventure game based around the successful BBC TV show. Wolfblood is a fantasy/supernatural TV series focused around the exploits of two ‘wolfbloods’, Maddy Smith (played by Aimee Kelly) and Rhydian Morris (played by Bobby Lockwood) as they struggle living their double-lives as wolfbloods, and keeping the secret concealed from the outside world.

It was commissioned as a mobile browser and desktop HTML5 game, and is part of the BBCs Summer of Mobile campaign. The game involves taking the player through Stoneybridge, the location in which the show is set, as they unlock 19 different puzzles and challenges across the sprawling map. Optional branches allows the player to explore and unlock new areas trying to achieve a perfect rating. Successfully complete the game and you can view some exclusive shots from series 2 of the TV show which is currently in production. Wolfblood: The Mystery of Stoneybridge is a departure from traditional CBBC content in that it relies entirely on brain power rather than brawn. There are no timers or tests of reaction involved, instead you have to solve your way to victory.

http://www.photonstorm.com/archives/11189/our-largest-html5-game-to-date-wolfblood-the-mystery-of-stoneybridge-for-cbbc

on the BBC page I get this message "Sorry! This game can only be played on recent mobile phones. Don't worry, there are lots of other CBBC games you can play. Or come back and play this on your mobile."

I'm on a laptop with Chrome 27 ....
is BBC game site only working with mobiles ?

Been playing it on chrome. So far not to bad! A few bugs in the click and drag way points games

1) Where way points shift to a new location after I place them. Usually only noticeable after I click run.

2) There was also this odd issue where arrows looked lined up but were not, might be related to #1. This was more prevalent in the ones where the paths are not all the same width.

3) Also I couldn't figure out how to easily remove one once placed...but that might just be a feature of that particular puzzle.

Anyways, almost done the puzzles have 4 left. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

O.

1) The way points should snap to the 16x16 grid when you drag/drop them

For the way points you can't remove them, but you can re-position them once dropped, and you can drop a new one over the top which sort of has the same result as removing it.

Thanks for playing though :)

1) The way points should snap to the 16x16 grid when you drag/drop them

For the way points you can't remove them, but you can re-position them once dropped, and you can drop a new one over the top which sort of has the same result as removing it.

Thanks for playing though :)

The way points are snapping to the grid, but for example I placed One at an intersection and after hitting run, found it below the next way point. About 8-10 way point widths away from the place I put it.I'll try and get a picture of what I mean.

Ok, a couple more observations.

1) If you accidentally click on one of the way point icons on the bar and the position directly underneath it is valid a way point is placed in that location. This has caused me to drop a number of oops way points in my rush to click.

2) on the 15 Bonus: RUNAWAY map the following placement  for the top two way points looks valid, but fails.

should_be_valid.jpg

Fun collection of mini games.

Regards,

O.

Just tried it on iPad, awesome game! I saw that the desktop version was made in KiwiJS. Was the mobile version created using Phaser? If so, this is seriously exciting :)

Thanks, and yes it's 100% Phaser. The desktop version uses Kiwi.js as it needs full DOM support, something Phaser can't do.

Ok, a couple more observations.

1) If you accidentally click on one of the way point icons on the bar and the position directly underneath it is valid a way point is placed in that location. This has caused me to drop a number of oops way points in my rush to click.

2) on the 15 Bonus: RUNAWAY map the following placement  for the top two way points looks valid, but fails.

should_be_valid.jpg

Fun collection of mini games.

Regards,

O.

Ah yes that's a good point, it is quite easy to drop them under the UI by mistake. Will see about resolving that (and will double check that path you screen grabbed, thanks)

I read your blog post and saw the screenshots, and it's looking really good. However I went to try it on my Windows Phone and it says "it doesn't work on your phone", while my android phone says it can only be played on recent phones :(

What are the minimum specs, out of curiosity?

Shame on them for wanting to support IE7 but not Windows Phone and Android 2.x!

I've only got a crappy 2.3 for this weekend, but I'll give it a go an a proper phone next week. Also Firefox for Android (same phone) doesn't say that it doesn't work... but it doesn't work :)

However I installed the UA plugin for Chrome and played a bit there, it looks very nice and polished. Gameplay is quite varied too. Well done :)

Hah yeah, I really don't know why their site doesn't support Windows phones, but I'll ask. I suspect it will eventually. Yeah Firefox doesn't work at all, even on 4.x again it wasn't a target browser and I had enough to do just getting it done, never mind worrying about Firefox weirdness too :) but now it's out I'm curious so will see what's up for my own curiosity, as hopefully it won't take much to support the fox.

Strange, but true. CBBC gets many more IE7 visits than Windows phone - but obviously moving in opposite directions.

The reason for the high use of IE7? School computer labs with locked down systems (probably)

Microsoft's decision to implement touch differently to all the other vendors means the BBC CHildren's HTML5 portfolio will likely need an overhaul to enable WP.