How hide the browsers address-bar on mobile devices?

Riddik

It seems browser makers really don't like people doing that, and over time there's been an arms race between developers working out the next hack that hides the address bar, and then browser updates that block the latest hack. That's part of the reason the scrollTo hack doesn't work any more.

Basically you shouldn't do this. On Chrome for Android, just use the standards-compliant fullscreen API, and it hides everything.

sorry, but actually you need to call 

this.scale.setScreenSize(true);

for the game to hide the bar

Unfortunately it's not work.

I'm pretty sure there are no tricks at the moment for iOS 8 to hide or reduce the address bar. The scrolling down by one pixel trick doesn't work anymore, and hasn't for a while.

And what about iOS 7 and Android?

I believe this has an allpurpose routine: https://github.com/scottjehl/Hide-Address-Bar the only thing it does that you may not want is not scroll to hide the address bar if the url has a fragment identifier (#), though I've seen it mentioned that you may need extra space on iOS8 or else it may not scroll - I don't have any way to test/verify this

on iOS 8 and Android (Opera) don't work too.

iOS 7.1 has the viewport meta minimal-ui declaration, but it's not on any version before that, and was removed in iOS 8. The stackoverflow link above is probably worth watching but like AshleyScirra says above:

It seems browser makers really don't like people doing that, and over time there's been an arms race between developers working out the next hack that hides the address bar, and then browser updates that block the latest hack.

• 1 year later...