Sprite attach with sprite (and move with parent sprite) HELP!

Ali Malik

Hello everyone, it's me again.. i think my last post wasn't very clear .. i need help see i'm using this code (PLAYER)

player = this.game.add.sprite(32, game.world.height - 150, 'dude'); game.physics.arcade.enable(player); player.body.bounce.y = 0.2; player.body.gravity.y = 1200; player.body.collideWorldBounds = true; player.animations.add('left', [0, 1, 2, 3], 10, true); player.animations.add('right', [5, 6, 7, 8], 10, true); 

Now i want to attach a gun with him, infront of him so i just used this code

gun = game.add.sprite(player.x + 45, player.y + 55, 'DE'); 

somehow, player.addChild(gun); is not working... for that i did that

gun = game.add.sprite(45, 55, 'DE'); player.addChild(gun); 

(If you think your code is working with .addChild() function please let me know)

it's still not working, Please have a look at JsFiddle http://jsfiddle.net/AliMalik/snctgm5q/5/

(I DIDN'T ADD, ADDCHILD FUNCTION IN THERE, PLEASE JUST TAKE A LOOK, GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT HOW TO MOVE WITH PLAYER)

NOTE : i also used "group" function to move gun, it worked fine. The only problem was in that function was whenever my player launches vertical velocity (player.body.velocity.y = -xx;) the gun in the group never stops, it gets out of bound in Y direction..

thank you

the important lines are these:

gun = game.add.sprite(0,0, 'gun');    // we add the gun at 0,0   because this will be the relative position to the player once we added the gun as childplayer.addChild(gun);  // here we use a pixi method to add a child to a sprite.. both sprites behave as one sprite after this

everything else should of course work before you try to add the gun..

if you set the anchor to 1 and 0.5 it will not rotate anymore around the center..  is that really what you want?  if you just want to place the gun on a different position of the player (relative to the player) just change it's x and y coordinates on creation time..  instead of 0,0  10, 0  will move it 10 px to the right relative to the player..