PeepsQuest Pixi.js Tutorials

mgutz

Hey all, I've been creating a series of isometric tutorials and guides as I learn pixi.js for a game platform we are building. Any feedback appreciated. BTW, I'm more of a backend developer and this is really my first week into game programming other than a space invaders game I built as part of my university course way back when.

I've been doing node for a couple of years so my JS fu is pretty good, my gaming fu I am working on :)

http://peepsquest.com/tutorials/isometric-placing-avatar.html

@ipop If you want just want to play with the examples, the best way is to clone the github repo and edit the iframe's html page. For example,

docs/examples/isometric-placing-avatar0.html

That's the generated html page for the iframe. Our literate markdown utility assigns an ID to each example in a page starting at 0. You need to run an HTTP server from that directory.

Bookmarked!

I really want to make an isometric tower defense someday.

If I may, the next tutorial should be about mouse interaction (How can you know on which tile the cursor is). I'm sure the calcul is very simple something like x: floor(mouseX/tileSize)-1, y: floor(mouseY/tileSize)-1 ?

Many thanks.