Tiled json export

ipop

Wow! goes  a bit above my head .. been lokoing at the json export from tiled, which looks pretty simple. Im just learning JS so im confused as to what the pixi loader/parser does with any json it loads .. as it seemingly parses the data when it loads?  how do you access the object(s)?

It loads the json via ajax, which will return the content as a string. Then you parse the json into an object and use it. For example:

//pretend this is loaded via ajaxvar data = '{ "my": "json data", "someArray": [1,2,3,4,5] }';//now parse the string JSON into an objectvar obj = JSON.parse(data);//use the objectconsole.log(obj.my); //outputs "json data"

It loads the json via ajax, which will return the content as a string. Then you parse the json into an object and use it. For example:

//pretend this is loaded via ajaxvar data = '{ "my": "json data", "someArray": [1,2,3,4,5] }';//now parse the string JSON into an objectvar obj = JSON.parse(data);//use the objectconsole.log(obj.my); //outputs "json data"

Many thanks .. im making a lot of mistakes with my code (but enjoying the challenge) .. you think people would mind me throwing stuff up here so i can learn ... maybe i could write it up for you in return as some noob tutorials?