izimoo

Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by izimoo


  1. The website examples do not seem to be editable anymore. 

    I used to tweak an example and hit the "run" button, but that seems to have been replaced with reload example - which does not seem to do anything. I have tried in different browsers to be sure.  Example below.

    http://phaser.io/examples/v2/animation/animation-events

    Is there a keyboard combo which might run new edits?

    Sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find a match when searching.

     


  2. I am pretty new to Phaser and enjoy it very much, and also use cocoonjs to test on a mobile device.

    If I have any game.input event - like "game.input.onDown.add (function)" etc, in the update function, after a minute or so of no activity (on the mobile) my framerate goes through the floor. I am wondering why this might be.  I can add a timer to test for activity and pause the game, but I am curious if I am doing something wrong.

    Below, is my html file - if I zip the html and phaser.min file, and open it on my iPhone and don't do anything it starts at 60fps.  Then after about a minute or so of inactivity, the framerate drops to 20+

    Tested on various Phaser versions, including 2.4.4

    <doctype html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta/>
    <title>test</title>
    <script src="phaser.min.js"></script>
    <body>
    <script type="text/javascript">

    var game = new Phaser.Game(320, 480, Phaser.AUTO, '', { preload: preload, create: create, update: update });

    function preload() {
    }

    function create() {
    }

    function update () {
      game.input.onTap.add(function(){
        console.log("tapped")
      });
    }

    </script>
    </body>
    </html>


  3. Hi

     

    I am a Phaser n00b and still getting my head around it, but I found a couple of bottlenecks on my side srcoller game which helped me.  I don't know if they will help you but here goes anyway:

     

    I first tested by removing all backround images (background tiling especially), which was causing one bottleneck. 

    The other was changing the fps to 30 in my create function.

    game.time.desiredFps = 30;

     

    Good luck and post back if you find the answer.