Tap Tap Adventure
Hello everyone! I have been constantly developing this version of BrowserQuest for nearly two years now, and I have finally managed to bring it to a stable standpoint, I have done so many things to this it'll take quite some time to spell out everything, so here are some of the many features:
- Full mobile support through Cordova (available on iOS and Android)
- Map has been completely redone from scratch (all BrowserQuest areas removed)
- 100s of new Mobs, Armours, Areas, Weapons and Items
- Abilities added (through projectile system)
- Archery (includes projectiles)
- Revised combat formulae
- New interface alongside with Character Menu
- Added Health Bar Text as well as Mana Bar
- Added a levelling system
- Added full centred camera on the player
- Many exploits present in BrowserQuest have been changed
- API Integration with our forums, allowing for greater control over player's character
- Complete revision of the networking, allowing minimal data usage on phones (~50 bytes/sec)
- Updated to the latest frameworks, NodeJS, jQuery & RequireJS
- Cross platform compatibility (all characters are saved from device to device)
- PVP Minigame added to the game, alongside rewards
- New Music (completely different from BrowserQuest)
- Music Engine revised to properly fade out!
- And much more!
So where do I go from here? The game is nowhere in its completion stage, it is in a playable beta stage, and I am in dire need of as many suggestions as possible, the only developer working on this is me, and I am trying to pull together as many bug fixes, and new content as I can. So please, report any bugs or suggestions on the forums!
- The game still requires a complete revamp of the rendering system adopted from BrowserQuest
- It requires micro-transactions in the future (servers have to be paid off somehow)
- And some other ideas I have in mind regarding open-source-ness
- I am still looking for developers, artist, pixel artists, etc. If you are interested, you can contact me on TTA's discord channel or through this website!
Website | Forums | iOS App | Android App