Jump to content

brawlflower

Members
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. quick update- I made a little timing tester and found that after following some of the advice in this thread there still seems to be about 80ms of lag, with that number still being pretty inconsistent (sometimes after refreshing the lag would go up with I think the largest being around 300ms). Some of the things I was able to figure out after experimenting with it: - I am definitely using the pixi sound library, and it does appear that webaudio is available in the browser I've been testing in - the context.audioContext.currentTime is globally available from the PIXI.sound.Sound
  2. Thanks everyone for your replies! I'll have to wait until after work to really dig in to all those options This is a really good idea and actually how I was doing it in an earlier prototype! I'll definitely report back if this solution works for me once I've had a chance to try implementing it. I installed pixi sound, but I don't know a lot about it and I actually can't tell if I'm using it at this point... Is that context available globally somehow? I'm also not sure how to find out if I'm using webaudio or htmlaudio... if it helps this is how I'm instantiating my IMediaInstan
  3. I'm making a rhythm game so it's important for the track animation and the audio to be as close to perfectly synced as possible, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what the best way is to achieve that. I thought I'd be clever by literally scrolling the track based on the progress of the song: const songInstance = await resources.song.sound.play(); songInstance.on('progress', function(progress, duration) { track.y = progress * duration * -1000 }); This unfortunately introduced a decent amount of lag to the animation and seemingly still doesn't reliably sync the ani
×
×
  • Create New...