Sign in to follow this  
valueerror

music loop in cocoonjs - the song jumps on the first note on every loop

i tried different songs in different file formats (mp3,wav, ogg)  

music = game.add.audio('theme',1,true);  // key, volume, loop  music.play('',0,1,true);  //marker, position, volume, loop, forceRestart

mp3 is not played at all and with wav or ogg the bug is the same..  i also tried playing the music with

game.sound.play('theme',0.4);

and it jumps too...  (it sounds like a damaged cd but only on the first note - the first 200ms are played twice)

all the other sounds (the short ones) don't have this problem..  i have no idea what to do - it seems that the file length is somehow a source of the problem (my audio file is a 30sec loop so it's not that long)

thx in advance!

so after an hour of testing i could pinpoint the problem:   

cocoonjs doubles the first 200ms of  EVERY sound.. no matter what.. AND cuts of the last 200ms of the audio file

i just didn't hear it because there is silence on every other audio file i own on the beginning for at least 500ms..

this is definitely a bug IMHO..  the solution is to add 200ms silence but then the loop is broken.. damn :(

so after an hour of testing i could pinpoint the problem:   

cocoonjs doubles the first 200ms of  EVERY sound.. no matter what.. AND cuts of the last 200ms of the audio file

i just didn't hear it because there is silence on every other audio file i own on the beginning for at least 500ms..

this is definitely a bug IMHO..  the solution is to add 200ms silence but then the loop is broken.. damn :(

Same problem here.

i've asked ludei for help in this thread and this is the answer:

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/3980-common-phaser-cocoonjs-issues/?p=63288

looks like there is no fix for this right now..   that's really bad..

i hope @rich  has an idea on this...  ludei proposed a workaround but i honestly don't know how to do this