Henryk

size of physics body, when scaled

I have an sprite on the stage in ME, which I scaled down by half.

Then I applied physics and changed the body size, making it wider, so it can collide with the worldBounds to my liking. I used the physics tool to enable the highlighting of my physics body to do so.

However, it looks good visually, but is too small for the collision. If I change it to the double size, which looks wrong within ME, it collides the way it should.

I can imagine, this has to do with the way phaser handles this.

Neverteheless maybe a little hint on the tutorial site (http://mightyfingers.com/tutorials/physics/change-body-size/) could help others.

Or is there a way I'm not aware of? I'm intending to scale up the sprite during the game gradually, so I would have to recalculate the physics body width every time, would I?

best, Henryk

Actually you found a bug in the MightyEditor - it should take scale in count - while showing physics bounds - as Phaser scales physics body automatically when sprite has been scaled.

If you want to prevent body from scaling:

var box = mt.create("box");var pd = box.mt.data.physics.size;box.body.setSize(pd.width/box.scale.x, pd.height/box.scale.y, pd.offsetX, pd.offsetY);

you should set size every time you scale sprite..

probably there are a flag - or easier way - but I couldn't find in the docs.

won't hurt to ask on general phaser forum.

I'll fix so visual display of a body will scale with the sprite with the next ME update - planned this week.