[Phaser][WIP]Frauki's Adventure!

Preece

Frauki's Adventure

Frauki's Adventure is a melee combat platformer where you explore down to the mysterious center of the world. The whole world is one big map where you unlock shortcuts, discover secrets, and fight tricky baddies. Inspired by Dark Souls and Mega Man X. 

xTiTnDgRO6AIcor2s8.gif

l41m2asFyFfbSJasU.gif

Controls: 

Ideally, use a gamepad! if you dont have one,

Arrow Keys - move

Space - Jump

Z - Attack

X - Roll

gmh31FK.png

pCxOX1k.png

I've been working on the project for about a year in my spare time. I worked with a pixel artist for a while, but he had to move on. You can see his awesome animations in the game. I am looking for another pixel artist to help me bring this game to the finish. I'm not sure if i'm going to sell it or just give it out for free. PM or email me if you're interested.

I'll be posting occasional updates here, along with some footage and images.

Thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...
l41m2asFyFfbSJasU.gif

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been working a lot on the combat. The game now slows down when you land a hit (or get hit), to help emphasize and clarify what's going on. I've also added and refined a lot of effects that make it more interesting. For instance, when you clash swords with an enemy, the sparks that come out now look a lot better, and when you attack there are cool little energy particles that trail off your sword. 

I have changed the energy system somewhat. There is now a second little energy bar that will fill up as you fight, and you can spend this energy on special attacks. Previously JctWood asked about weapon switching, and this special energy is what they will use. So, you will always have your normal energy sword, but you can swap out secondary weapons that give you more options. I have a lot of ideas for what these could be, but ultimately I would like to reduce it to maybe 3-5 ones that are really cool. In the process of finding those I will be trying out lots of different stuff though  ;D

Sorry that the gif is poor quality. I'm trying to find a way to get something that looks crisp and smooth, and that isn't a huge file either.

Loved the gameplay! Hope you find a good pixel artist to finish this game :)

The graphics are gorgeous

The game is amazing. The graphics and the movements are a really nice job. I only have one suggestion, the camera movements are a lilttle bit fast and I get dizzy sometimes. 

But anyway, it´s a very good work.

Thank you so much for trying it out  :D ! I'm still trying to find the perfect balance of movement with the camera, I'll keep tweaking it, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Been working on secondary weapons recently. These use the special orange energy you get from fighting enemies.

Here is a buzz saw that works like a roll, but also tears through enemies really well

l41lMbpIKWhDn3gBi.gif

And here is a projectile. It doesn't do damage, but it's good at stunning enemies to give you an attack opening!

3oEduVmHTjC55F73RC.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After I spawn, I can go into the first door immediately visible, then jump into the dirt to the left, turn and double jump onto the roof.  Then keep going right and you can jump into the walls.  Here I am stuck at in a column, I had to hit attack otherwise you can't see the character.

frauki.thumb.jpg.fe73fbd87d3e3d19e5c4df4

Edit: In fact, that seems all I can do - the first room is walled with a purple key blocking one way, and going through the door is just another room walled except for the entry into the dirt/walled area.  Perhaps the build is broken at the moment?