MackeyK24

[SOLVED] - U3D - BabylonJS Game Editor Toolkit

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

Yo Cesar ... Long time no see bro 🙂

Hey Bro I have been busy with unreal But I still trying to use the Babylon exporter is amazing, I have been trying to connect my apps to a sockect.io plugin but the plugin don't support HTTPS only HTTP and somebody is working o an OpenSSL solution but still no sign of getting fixed yet , anyways how is this going did you still developing  the exporter, do you have  new features ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The toolkit pretty much done EXCEPT the 3 functions I need to handle calculating input weights for 2D blend trees... 

the problem is NO ONE will help me with those calculations... I can’t even PAY anyone to help... I tried... I guess I’m just on my own... that really sucks because it is the last part I need to start teaching all the different game mechanics stuff I have in the toolkit that nobody knows how to use yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because for me, MOST everything has to do with movement. Character Creation and Animation was my main reason for trying to create this toolkit. I get that there other basic stuff... which is all in there and Documented as best I can. I guess I am referring to more Character gameplay mechanics... and I’m guess I’m just old and stubborn... I want it working right before I make any training videos...

With that being said, I am always willing to help others with getting their projects up and running .

Also been very busy working on my next gen Scene Content Export tooling... called WebGL Canvas Tools... think of it like a Toolkit for OpenGL / GLTF scene content that supports native Unity MetaData

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MackeyK24 said:

Because for me, MOST everything has to do with movement. Character Creation and Animation was my main reason for trying to create this toolkit. I get that there other basic stuff... which is all in there and Documented as best I can. I guess I am referring to more Character gameplay mechanics... and I’m guess I’m just old and stubborn... I want it working right before I make any training videos...

With that being said, I am always willing to help others with getting their projects up and running .

Also been very busy working on my next gen Scene Content Export tooling... called WebGL Canvas Tools... think of it like a Toolkit for OpenGL / GLTF scene content that supports native Unity MetaData

Yeah man, I know but you are getting there; I still want to work on the animations with the exporter let me know if I can do it like unity does and is exportable. I wish I can help you more but I only know so much to help you.

anyways, so far so good,  I wish it was a toolkit for Unreal hell yeah jajaja but is not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an unexpert person I have to add some advices for this forum.  Babylon seems for getting start very cool... 

It shows that Babylon framework has  something cool ( specially when I saw the page from zero to hero webvr) but for a pity when you get into it... it seems it is for experts... and unexpert developer should run and ask always question (for a lot of stupid questions) from the persons who know more.... and begging to answer and learning....
 This  forum is just for showing that how you are professional.
For just understanding  some little stuff you have to write a lot blah blah blah in this forum.
And at the end your problem is still in the darkness ... 
And you have to start to write a new blah blah blah in forum

It likes stuck into hell.

At first I choosed babylon and I prefered it to aframe ... because it has physics.... But then I recognized it is very slower than it ..... 
And loading is fucking slow ....
But I wanted to try it and then I saw just a little introduction to export 
My blender file to Babylon... ( as I said it was cool just for start)
But how can I create a realistic scene .... it was a point of darkness...
Then I used Babylon editor that it was always crashing during my changing material. And there is just a simple tutorials there and  of course some expert people show how cool they create their stuff and create volumetric light in scene.... 

But it wasn't fucking important for me what professional people can do... I want to know how i can do it for myself... 
It likes advertise in tv that shows how good  is their products and when you buy it , it's just a bullshit stuff, That you have to stuck into it.and you have to call the producers

I just want to say instead of showing your cool thing in videos .... teach it in your smug videos ..
Yes you'r dude... when you put your videos that show how the other can learn , you will seem more dude and cool... Or mayby you want to sell yourself through showing yourself?

I have to mention that unexpert people is more than experts .... and if just experts can easily write program with babylon it's not a user-friendly frame work....
I don't want to create a cube and a simple light With boring materials.... 
If blender or unity or .... are common to use because for every thing they have a lot of tutorials in youtoub, and they teach them step by step not just a froum with a lot of blah blah blah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo @razieh I understand where you coming from. I was in the same exact spot about a year and half ago. I had to learn everything about game dev programming, then the details from a Unity C# point of view and finally how to use all that in Babylon using the Babylon API.

I don’t think you will find STEP by STEP guides on creating games. You gotta just start playing around stuff, looking st existing examples and projects to see how the might be doing something and try hack out your code.

I created the Babylon Toolkit to make game development for ME a little easier.

i wouldn’t say we all think we are experts and any videos I make are to show what is possible using my tooling. But you DONT have to use ANY of my mechanics. You could just export raw models and do what you want in your code.

As far as getting to know your framework... well you just gotta work with more and more. And you’ll get better at it.

You are not alone. We all started where you are. Shit when I first started, I didn’t shit about 3D game development. But after constantly trying to create the features I have in the toolkit... Learning game mechanics and the internals of meshes, textures, animations etc.. things started to come together and make more sense...

Eventually I got really good at the internals of Unity’s  C# API and how I can use all that stuff in Babylon...

That is basically the process I went thru to learning what’s what... and the Babylon Toolkit is the result that I give away for free if ANYONE wants to use my tooling for creating scenes...

I think what you need is some kind of Udemy or Lynda style training in game development using a specific game engine API. Unfortunately there are not that many specific to Babylon JS ... I saw one course on Udemy for Babylon networking but you will also learn a lot about coding against the framework.

Once I FINISH creating my Toolkit animation mechanics, I plan on making Udemy style training with a big section dedicated to Babylon Toolkit Bootcamp then breakout into everything from mobile specific dev, webvr, advance characters creation and animations and even XBOX Live support... but I’m not ready yet 

But we have all felt your pain at beginning... 

Dont give up 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MackeyK24 said:

Yo @razieh I understand where you coming from. I was in the same exact spot about a year and half ago. I had to learn everything about game dev programming, then the details from a Unity C# point of view and finally how to use all that in Babylon using the Babylon API.

I don’t think you will find STEP by STEP guides on creating games. You gotta just start playing around stuff, looking st existing examples and projects to see how the might be doing something and try hack out your code.

I created the Babylon Toolkit to make game development for ME a little easier.

i wouldn’t say we all think we are experts and any videos I make are to show what is possible using my tooling. But you DONT have to use ANY of my mechanics. You could just export raw models and do what you want in your code.

As far as getting to know your framework... well you just gotta work with more and more. And you’ll get better at it.

You are not alone. We all started where you are. Shit when I first started, I didn’t shit about 3D game development. But after constantly trying to create the features I have in the toolkit... Learning game mechanics and the internals of meshes, textures, animations etc.. things started to come together and make more sense...

Eventually I got really good at the internals of Unity’s  C# API and how I can use all that stuff in Babylon...

That is basically the process I went thru to learning what’s what... and the Babylon Toolkit is the result that I give away for free if ANYONE wants to use my tooling for creating scenes...

I think what you need is some kind of Udemy or Lynda style training in game development using a specific game engine API. Unfortunately there are not that many specific to Babylon JS ... I saw one course on Udemy for Babylon networking but you will also learn a lot about coding against the framework.

Once I FINISH creating my Toolkit animation mechanics, I plan on making Udemy style training with a big section dedicated to Babylon Toolkit Bootcamp then breakout into everything from mobile specific dev, webvr, advance characters creation and animations and even XBOX Live support... but I’m not ready yet 

But we have all felt your pain at beginning... 

Dont give up 😀

So I have to stuck until you create the tutorial.... and then begin to start with unity package

I found a new framework as I said blend4web ... I found a lot of tutorials on youtoub... every expert persons in this framework have own blog and they teach step by step stuffs... now I can create realistic material and scene play sound(the cool Thing in Sound is the Volume depends in how Far is it from camera),play animation and create a web vr ... and I learned all of them in one or two days... it used html and json and JavaScript... it has physics and loading is good enough....and I can teleport camera very smoothly and nice  But I have to find out  the gazing event in web vr.... beacuse it doesn't have any pointer in web vr view... 

I don't know Babylon has a parser for json or not .... I don't like asking a lot and run before person and I'm not a person who like to write a lot... it's for me boring

But I can easily use it in aframe too ... beacuse it used html and JavaScript... 

And when I used Babylon in blender and export it as babylon ....I lose my materials and the light was limited to just 3 but in this new one I can have a lot of light🦊

I don't give up beacuse I have to write my master these 🐌🐌🐌

I have to find some frame work that gives me all of my needs without stuck into it... I just have 6 month not my whole life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m glad you found a framework that you are comfortable with. I imagine it’s the same thing weather you use Babylon, PlayCanvas or Blend4web ... it’s still gonna take time to learn your framework.

FYI ... they ALL have web audio , animation s, physics, particle systems, and etc... you still gotta learn how to use in each framework 

As far CODING ... Babylon is very code based... technically everything is done via code... there may be some tools you are using to HIDE that layer so it seems like not much code is used.... but they are really code based. That’s where the toolkit makes a few things easier

i hope you get a grasp on some kinda engine or framework in time to complete your thesis 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MackeyK24 said:

Also... I know mentioned JavaScript. It’s just my tools I make that use TypeScript... I hate JavaScript... but I LOVE typescript... it’s like c# for web.

but you can use plain JavaScript to code your Babylon project

Yes i have to learn it but teaching is so important .... I'm gonna to use blend4web as I said ... now I found a solution for gazing too(just not sleeping one night) ... I didn't find gazing (as I said I hate searching in a lot of written stuff) but I solve it with put an object in front of camera and make camera as a parent of it so I have pointer(the behaviour is exactly like Pointer)( for me it is better beacuse i Want to Change Cursor And With Babylon i have to suffer the whole internet just to find a simple changing .... and a good thing for me is that  I can change the pointer to whatever shape  that I like... ( but in Babylon you have to begg for just changing the loader page And all of them was like Secret beacuse Babylon group like to have own Icon  ) all things were customized ...

https://www.youtube.com/user/ianscott888

This is one of the person who teach blend4web...

I recommend you that you do it like this guy ...if you Want to publish your package .... And Make it easy .... then you can encourage people to use your package....

I will wait for your new tutorial as you said

Good luck🍀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 12:25 PM, Nodragem said:

Mmmh... I wanted to try your solution, but since I re-opened the project, I get this error when try to run the Scene:

Unable to load from scenes/SampleScene.babylon: Error in onSuccess callback

 

I have the same issue.

Running Typescript 3.1.1, Unity 2018.2.8f1 and Babylontoolkit version 3.3.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if that helps, but I freshly installed the extension on a friend's computer and everything works fine when changing the Camera's tag to MainCamera.
However, I did not find time to check if to update typescript would make the extension work on my machine.

I let you know if I find some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 9:00 PM, razieh said:

So I have to stuck until you create the tutorial.... and then begin to start with unity package

I found a new framework as I said blend4web ... I found a lot of tutorials on youtoub... every expert persons in this framework have own blog and they teach step by step stuffs... now I can create realistic material and scene play sound(the cool Thing in Sound is the Volume depends in how Far is it from camera),play animation and create a web vr ... and I learned all of them in one or two days... it used html and json and JavaScript... it has physics and loading is good enough....and I can teleport camera very smoothly and nice  But I have to find out  the gazing event in web vr.... beacuse it doesn't have any pointer in web vr view... 

I don't know Babylon has a parser for json or not .... I don't like asking a lot and run before person and I'm not a person who like to write a lot... it's for me boring

But I can easily use it in aframe too ... beacuse it used html and JavaScript... 

And when I used Babylon in blender and export it as babylon ....I lose my materials and the light was limited to just 3 but in this new one I can have a lot of light🦊

I don't give up beacuse I have to write my master these 🐌🐌🐌

I have to find some frame work that gives me all of my needs without stuck into it... I just have 6 month not my whole life

wow last time I used blend for web, was a little expensive to get the whole engine, babylonis good but I think you may be right probably B4W is more advanced now, than exporting on unity , show some sample to see how it goes thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nodragem said:

I don't know if that helps, but I freshly installed the extension on a friend's computer and everything works fine when changing the Camera's tag to MainCamera.
However, I did not find time to check if to update typescript would make the extension work on my machine.

I let you know if I find some time.

Try Latest Chrome Browser

i just test on Windows and Edge Browser has issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DADA_universe said:

I have the same issue.

Running Typescript 3.1.1, Unity 2018.2.8f1 and Babylontoolkit version 3.3.0

in this link there are two packages , one of them is older than the other .... i have problem with the new one .....

https://github.com/BabylonJS/Exporters/pull/330/commits/4f9da4ea7bf5a9e8f478e827cca10cb9228de9b3

and i solve it with change the code.... but i don't recommend you to do it :) its not for experts :))

the old one doesn't have any vs code in user preference but the new one it does....

image.thumb.png.6bcd5edbfd1b50c97c6f334c25e082e3.png

 i gave the error what it needs  "float32Array" and make it quiet :))

1- after you install your packAGE GO TO THE FOLDER THAT HAS ERROR and open the file that has  error

2-change code leftBounds?: number[] | null;      and     rightBounds?: number[] | null;   to     leftBounds?: number[] | Float32Array;
    rightBounds?: number[] | Float32Array; and save it (i think this two code is for teleport controller .... and it use for vr)

3- it works after that (i don't know why)  :))

 

 

but this one is just install your package .... i hope you can create code for playing sound playing animations and ...... and put it in this page .... i want really learn it... i didn't find any tutorial for that :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, razieh said:

in this link there are two packages , one of them is older than the other .... i have problem with the new one .....

https://github.com/BabylonJS/Exporters/pull/330/commits/4f9da4ea7bf5a9e8f478e827cca10cb9228de9b3

and i solve it with change the code.... but i don't recommend you to do it :) its not for experts :))

the old one doesn't have any vs code in user preference but the new one it does....

image.thumb.png.6bcd5edbfd1b50c97c6f334c25e082e3.png

 i gave the error what it needs  "float32Array" and make it quiet :))

1- after you install your packAGE GO TO THE FOLDER THAT HAS ERROR and open the file that has  error

2-change code leftBounds?: number[] | null;      and     rightBounds?: number[] | null;   to     leftBounds?: number[] | Float32Array;
    rightBounds?: number[] | Float32Array; and save it (i think this two code is for teleport controller .... and it use for vr)

3- it works after that (i don't know why)  :))

 

 

but this one is just install your package .... i hope you can create code for playing sound playing animations and ...... and put it in this page .... i want really learn it... i didn't find any tutorial for that :(

apparently my issue threw up a different error from yours. So it failed to compile but for a different reason. I traced the error down to an issue with the babylon.d.ts file (compatibility issue with newer versions of typescript) and found an issue had been raised about it in the main babylon.js github repo and fixed just two days ago, (https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/issues/5277) so I copied the fix from the preview build here and replaced my babylon.d.ts file with it. It works now. I'll continue exploring and share my progress. Thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DADA_universe said:

apparently my issue threw up a different error from yours. So it failed to compile but for a different reason. I traced the error down to an issue with the babylon.d.ts file (compatibility issue with newer versions of typescript) and found an issue had been raised about it in the main babylon.js github repo and fixed just two days ago, (https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/issues/5277) so I copied the fix from the preview build here and replaced my babylon.d.ts file with it. It works now. I'll continue exploring and share my progress. Thanks for sharing.

My typescript was 3.3.1 I think so 😁 but I'm sure that is newer than your... 

Please make a video when you create animation and sound I hate reading 😁 video gives me more informtion

I have a little and simple code for teleporting🤑

But I'm waiting to find a tutorial for others☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.