Sign in to follow this  
jzcodes

Making a 3..2..1.. GO! tween ? (Newbie)

Hello,  I'm making a racing game (at least I'm trying to!)

I'm using a setTimeout function to delay the start of the scrolling of the background by 3 seconds which works perfectly!

But, what I really need now is to display an image of "3" *pause & fade out*, switch to image of "2" *pause & fade out*, switch to "1" *pause & fade out* then show "Go!" * fade out*

I saw something where I set the alpha to 0 and then tween the alpha to 1 like so: 

game.add.tween(this.countDown).to({alpha: 1}, 1000, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None, true, 0, 1000, false);

But this isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not sure what all of these parameters are or how I would switch between the images (using different images or a spritesheet, I'm not sure what's best) to give the desired effect. 

Can someone please help me? 

Many thanks, and let me know if you need me to explain this better!

Update: I kept hunting around (I apologize for not searching more thoroughly) but, I did come across chaining tweens. I'm trying it out but having some difficulty

Edited by jzcodes
Update

I figured it out!! It was a little tricky to find a clear description of the params but, this is what I did! 

var tween1 = game.add.tween(this.countDown1).to({alpha: 1}, 500, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None, false,
      0).to({alpha: 0}, 500, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None, false, 0);
    var tween2 = game.add.tween(this.countDown2).to({alpha: 1}, 500, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None, false,
    var tween3 = game.add.tween(this.countDown3).to({alpha: 1}, 500, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None, false,
    var tweenGo = game.add.tween(this.countDownGo).to({alpha: 1}, 500, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None, false,
    tween3.chain(tween2);
    tween2.chain(tween1);
    tween1.chain(tweenGo);
    tween3.start();