LF Twitter game dev friends ?

MrPancakes

Hey all, starting to use Twitter some more and I would like to find more people that share there game dev experience on twitter.

If your twitter feed is mostly about game dev subjects please post you Twitter nick and I will add you, and if you like mine is @HjorthBjorn ,

hope to see you on Twitter ?

PS. also if you have suggestions on good Twitter accounts that are not your own to follow please share those as well.

Game dev experience re: Twitter, made a couple random Twitter friends, but TBH I don't think it's all that worthwhile. It's a good way to feel productive when you're not, but I wouldn't really recommend sinking too much *productive* time into it.

I'll share some stats and you can make up your own mind:

Followers: 16.2K, for 26 tweets this month, they've made 38.4K impressions and I've had 4K profile visits after following roughly 800 new indiedev accounts (I only follow devs). Our free game that's been pinned for over 6 months has only seen 50-100 downloads, and I don't know how many of those are driven from Twitter, or simply the store when it came out.

12 hours ago, ArcticArcade said:

Game dev experience re: Twitter, made a couple random Twitter friends, but TBH I don't think it's all that worthwhile. It's a good way to feel productive when you're not, but I wouldn't really recommend sinking too much *productive* time into it.

I'll share some stats and you can make up your own mind:

Followers: 16.2K, for 26 tweets this month, they've made 38.4K impressions and I've had 4K profile visits after following roughly 800 new indiedev accounts (I only follow devs). Our free game that's been pinned for over 6 months has only seen 50-100 downloads, and I don't know how many of those are driven from Twitter, or simply the store when it came out.

Twitter is a lot more then just promoting what I am doing, it's a way to see what's going on, get inspiration, share your work. Much like html5gamedevs.

And if you are strictly focusing on getting download's with your Twitter account I suggest you to try and get other users then just gamedevs as I doubt that is your usergroup that would play your games the most.

Thank you for your data, it's always nice to read.