SalGnt

[1.1.6] Tileset with margins

By using a tileset that has margins I got the following error (because of the extra space given by margins I think): TileSet image dimensions do not match expected dimensions.

The JSON file was created with Tiled. Here is the code I used:

function preload() {	game.load.tilemap('piramid', 'piramid.json', null, Phaser.Tilemap.TILED_JSON);	game.load.image('tileSet', 'tiles.png', 16, 16);}function create() {	map = game.add.tilemap('piramid');	map.addTilesetImage('tileSet');	map.setCollisionByExclusion([  ], true, 'level');	levelLayer = map.createLayer('level');} 

Am I missing something?

Hi,

Yes, mines all working. I've copied some snippets of my code below. All the names are preceded by 'this' because I've created an object to do the loading. Hopefully the idea is clear though. I think the key part is the game.load.image and the game.add.tileSetImage.

In game.load.image I don't define the tile size. In the map.addTilesetImage the first argument is the name of the tileset as defined in the tileset json file.Because all the details are in the json file, the tile positions in the image are picked up from there; that's what I think anyway.

In my preload:

game.load.tilemap(this.mapId, this.jsonUrl, null, Phaser.Tilemap.TILED_JSON);game.load.image(this.imageId, this.imageUrl);

In my create:

this.map = game.add.tilemap(this.mapId);this.map.addTilesetImage(this.tilesetName, this.imageId);this.layer = this.map.createLayer(this.layerName);this.layer.resizeWorld();