[WIP] Mobile Phaser platformer with Matter physics, rope, and slingshot [UPDATED]

Cannabijoy

I wanted to share a Phaser 3 game I’ve been working on. The entire game is made on my iPhone with Textastic and a vector drawing app, so there are no keyboard inputs.

The controls are fairly simple. Just slide your finger left or right to move, and you can either swipe the same finger to jump, or swipe with your other hand while running.

To climb the rope, you just have to slide up or down; and to swing, slide left or right. 

To enable the slingshot, click on the character, pull the rock back, and let it go. 

When you start to fall in the hot air balloon, hold your finger on the screen and it becomes an “endless runner” until 3 birds fly by.

This game is not anywhere near completion, and I imagine it will take several years to finish it on my own. The animation is not great, but I have downloaded DragonBones and will be trying it soon. I hope you like it, and please let me know what you think. Thanks!

https://cannabijoy.com/matter.html

Edited by Cannabijoy

8 hours ago, EyeSeeT said:

Yes! Works on my phone. It took me a while to figure things out but your original post helped me past the three birds in the balloon. That is where I get stuck again because the next rope is just a bit to high to reach.

The rope mechanics look good and I like the way the character swings his legs :)

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve been obsessing over that rope for months now lol. There is still a lot of work to do, but at least it’s functional. After you get off the balloon, there is a small puzzle to get on the rope. Since this is a work in progress and it’s impossible to know what’s a puzzle or just an incomplete part of the game, I’ll leave a walkthrough below with a spoiler alert...

**SPOILER ALERT**

Once you jump off the balloon (I recommend jumping to the left side), shoot the balloon with  the slingshot to drop the bucket. Push the bucket to the next rope, and then you can jump high enough. I still have a lot of work to do, so I suggest using a two hand jump to get on the bucket, and then swiping with on finger towards the rope to jump on. Thanks!