Puzzle Astronauts - I give 100€ to the first user to complete it.

llpujol

I developed a puzzle game (my first one) mostly for fun & for learning new things (I am just a web dev).
But sadly I am struggling to find players to enjoy my game, so for this reason, I am giving 100€ to the first user to complete it!

Here is the link of the game: https://www.puzzleastronauts.app/

Also here is the link of the original post on reddit, where I explain the rules of the contest and what you have to do to complete it (I would really appreciate some up votes on that post that now has less than 0): 

If someone has some thoughts or something about the contest, I will happily listen to them:)

Good luck to everyone that tries it!

I played the game for a few levels and liked it.  I hope the prize gets you some early traction - it's an interesting incentive method to overcome that early discoverability riddle!  I can't offer a better suggestion right now, but I felt you might be susceptable to a quick cheat or someone (validly) claiming it within the first hour (and then it not providing much incentive beyond that).  Good luck, let us know how things unfolded.

Yeah thanks, I am glad you liked it:). The game was posted on kongregate (and still is) but people just not engaged much, and now I wanted more people to play it (just for fun mostly even I have some ads on the page). I would be happy if more people can enjoy the game. After the contest, I will probably close it since as I said, engaging is pretty low.

About cheating, it is not possible (as far as I know), since when the players upload their score I run on the server the game's logic in order to check that the all solutions provided are valid.

Thank you for your support, I will also update the winner's information on this channel, thanks!:)

5 minutes ago, llpujol said:

About cheating, it is not possible (as far as I know), since when the players upload their score I run on the server the game's logic in order to check that the all solutions provided are valid.

Server authoritative, excellent.

On the engagement aspect, one bit of advice would be to have a more dynamic title.  "Puzzle Astronauts" might describe the game from one perspective but doesn't emote much to a potential player?  Whereas things like "Astro Escape" or "Moon Masters" combined with a little extra narrative and jeopardy can go a long way to create curiosity, intrigue and the big retention booster ... will they make it to the end?!!?  Just ideas.  I'm generally lazy with narrative and this is something I'm aware of.

Yes, the game title is garbage, I need to improve a lot of things if I do another game one day. Yes, I need to create more engaging like you said and also make the game tightly coupled with the marketing of it.

Maybe a re-skin with among us like astronauts, and a mechanic that there is one impostor that if get close to another kills it? lol, it would have sure more users playing...

BTW thanks for your advices, I take note:)

About the contest status, players are still trying, one is really close, with 177 of 180 stars, so I expect today or tomorrow announce a winner.