Loading a new tilemap while the game is already running?

What?

In my game I want a single tilemap loaded for each room as the player enters them. I made a function that loads a tilemap, where the name of it is the parameter:

new_room: function(name)	{		this.load.tilemap(name, 'assets/tile/' + name + '.json', null, Phaser.Tilemap.TILED_JSON);		map = this.game.add.tilemap(name);				foreground = map.createLayer('foreground');		map.setCollisionBetween(1, 100000, true, 'foreground');	},

The name of the tilemap I'm trying to load is "second", but it's not working:

"Phaser.Cache.getTilemapData: Invalid key: "second"" phaser.min.js:16"Phaser.TilemapParser.parse - No map data found for key second" phaser.min.js:20

I feel like there could be some feature in Phaser that does what I'm trying to do. I'm not familiar with dynamically loading things.

• 1 year later...
49 minutes ago, Ashish said:

Hi . I am getting the same error . Can you tell me that how you solved this problem?

I think the problem was that I was trying to add the tilemap before it finished loading. The solution was using the "onLoadComplete" event to add the tilemap after it was loaded in. You also need to start the loading with "load.start()" to make it load in the first place.