Boot/Preloader State based setup

Yora

Hey Rich, here's a quick suggestion - I've found it useful in my own sound sprite handling code to make my equivalent of the 'addMarker' method take the start time and duration of a sound, rather than both the start and end time. This means that if I find I need to change the position of sounds within the sprite (for example due to swapping out a sound near the beginning for an alternative one with different length) I then only need to correct the start times of any sounds that come later in the audio, rather than also correcting the end times. I guess if you have a node.js system set up to automate generating your sound sprite then it doesn't matter so much, but not everybody will have that available.

Yes always round the starting position to the nearest second if you can. I also tend to add 2-3 seconds worth of silence at the very start and very end of the file. This helps on mobile devices a lot.

The SoundManager can't yet play more than 1 audio tag at once I'm afraid. I'll consider adding support for it though, but it's certainly a limitation at the moment.

I'll definitely be following this setup, thanks for all the info.  :)

For my current project unless its being played on Chrome desktop I guess I'll take out all the sound besides the player shooting or else things get wonky.