Death Color (made in Construct 2)

Martiny

post-5317-0-01510800-1387766750.png

This is my game. Instructions on how to play it is in link (X-Box controller supported!)

Death Colors is a twin-stick top-down shooter that will test your reflexes. Shoot at enemies with the matching color and watch out for those bullets!

It is made in Construct 2. I tried with Phaser, but I guess I don't know enough Javascript to code it myself ):

Note that I used the free version of Construct, which only allows me to use 100 events. This game uses exact 100 events, so I couldn't elaborate a better menu or end screen (I did them, but couldn't implement them). Expect more content (achievements are planned, try "survive 30 seconds without killing a single enemy", it's hard) and better configuration settings (remapping keys is priority, since 'Q' and 'E' may not be your preference) as soon as I buy myself a licence (:

http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting-shooter-games/11598/death-colors

Thanks for the attention.

DWboutin -

Thanks for the response. I'm glad you liked it.

qzix13 -

Did you try it in an x-box controller? "R" would be for the keyboard and "a" to the x-box controller. In the next version I'll make a button icon, so it's clearer and prettier. Also, I have to fix some colors (with a color pallet).

Things that are planned:

Achievements, such as:

Pacifist -  "survive 30 seconds without killing a single enemy"

Clear shot - "successfully hit an enemy 20 times in a row"

Complete the game - "survive for 60 seconds"

and so on. Achievements would be great because then the game would have an objective.

VS MODE! If all goes according to plan, versus mode will be fun. Pickups and all. But controller would be required ):

Levels. They would be only a super enemy to kill (like a boss). Shoot at the right parts with the right color to kill it.

Better configurations - Audio sliders, remappable keys, etc.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd be happy to hear it!

I'm pretty excited to create a shooter with a color logic in the bullets. haha

qzix13 -

Did you try it in an x-box controller? "R" would be for the keyboard and "a" to the x-box controller. In the next version I'll make a button icon, so it's clearer and prettier. Also, I have to fix some colors (with a color pallet).

Oh, I see. So maybe better point it in some way. For example: "A" (xbox controller).

Cool, personally I love difficult games.  :)

I like the different enemy types (the red ones caught me off guard for a little while!) though it gets overwhemling very quickly!  Though I imagine that's what you're going for here.  ;)   Could maybe think about lowering the enemy bullet speed just a little, it can feel neigh impossible to react quickly enough when a bullet is fired somewhere close to you.

Keep it up!